Off Topic Possible frost tonight... Well at least in London area

Walter Fishonn

Cover up your tomatoes or your electric lettuce folks. Says it's going down to 1 this evening.

Got a reading of 3 degrees C at 0745hrs. Saturday morning in Clear Creek. I second Duck Blind's opinion ... a little frost won't hurt them just makes them pump their juices harder during the day making for a better product.

Got a reading of 3 degrees C at 0745hrs. Saturday morning in Clear Creek. I second Duck Blind's opinion ... a little frost won't hurt them just makes them pump their juices harder during the day making for a better product.
We will see... missed seeing this yesterday and our small, COVID-inspired, vegetable garden was uncovered. Frost is definitely "on the pumpkin🎃" in North Londontown this morning.

Very minor frost here, no visible damage noticed.

Hit St Jacobs Market already and back, The Wife had a request for some of her family's relish, so picked up the essentials and a couple of other things.

Lots of frost this morning on the boat cover
in Talbotville

hvyhaul , I could use some more stuff. Would you have a name for that particular bait.

Thank you

Lady in Red Salvia, unfortunately it can't be bought anymore, hence the seed gathering. The Wife bought some seeds from the southern states 3 years ago.

LinR1.jpg

LinR2.jpg

I think you can see I am gathering more than I can use, more than willing to send (not sell) you some.

Last edited:
Out by the airport, the windshield of my truck had about a 3" strip of frost at the top at 6am today, but that was it.

Peppers were killed by two frosts last week.
Tomatoes are done.
Last of the cucumbers were killed off.

Electric lettuce (Love that one lol) is not harmed by light frost and the stress usually stimulates trichome ripening. Just have to watch for white powdery mildew developing on leaves due to frosty weather. Nothing a little potassium bicarbonate solution can’t clear up...

Glad the happy hay will be ok but brrr

Attachments

• MVIMG_20200919_065420.jpg
    MVIMG_20200919_065420.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 22
Peppers were killed by two frosts last week.
Tomatoes are done.
Last of the cucumbers were killed off.

Electric lettuce (Love that one lol) is not harmed by light frost and the stress usually stimulates trichome ripening. Just have to watch for white powdery mildew developing on leaves due to frosty weather. Nothing a little potassium bicarbonate solution can’t clear up...
Potassium bicarbonate? Talk to me! Frost definitely helps turpine levels too.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks