Fishing Report Possibility to catch Crappie at LP (onshore)

crappielover

Hello everyone, I am new to here! Nice forum with tons of useful info.

I just have a question: now it is end of June. But is it possible to catch crappie from either LP or Old Cut? I don't have a boat so it is OK to fish from any of the marinas at LP? Any advice is appreciated.

Nice weekend!

stomp

Administrator
Staff member
I have heard tell of guys that fish crappie from shore, but usually earlier in the season. I don't think you'll find that the marinas will welcome you to come in and fish on their property. I had a slip at Booth's for years and they would turn a blind eye, but it is all signed. I think Big Creek and the Port Rowan dock may be your best bets for shore fishing spots, but I don't know if they hold crappie, especially later in June. I don't think you will get too much help because the crappie fisherman may be even tighter-lipped:censored: than the river rats (do you agree @Stick?)

Last edited:

Ingold Archery

early spring you can get them in the marina's, but not know. Marina owners won't let you in now anyways, since the boats in coming in and out on a constant flow.

Stick

I have heard tell of guys that fish crappie from shore, but usually earlier in the season. I don't think you'll find that the marinas will welcome you to come in and fish on their property. I had a slip at Booth's for years and they would turn a blind eye, but it is all signed. I think Big Creek and the Port Rowan dock may be your best bets for shore fishing spots, but I don't know if they hold crappie, especially later in June. I don't think you will get too much help because the crappie fisherman may be even tighter-lipped:censored: than the river rats (do you agree @Stick
AMEN! @stomp

crappielover

I have heard tell of guys that fish crappie from shore, but usually earlier in the season. I don't think you'll find that the marinas will welcome you to come in and fish on their property. I had a slip at Booth's for years and they would turn a blind eye, but it is all signed. I think Big Creek and the Port Rowan dock may be your best bets for shore fishing spots, but I don't know if they hold crappie, especially later in June. I don't think you will get too much help because the crappie fisherman may be even tighter-lipped:censored: than the river rats (do you agree @Stick?)
stomp, thank you very much for the info and advice!