Fishing Report Possibility to catch Crappie at LP (onshore)

crappielover

Hello everyone, I am new to here! Nice forum with tons of useful info.

I just have a question: now it is end of June. But is it possible to catch crappie from either LP or Old Cut? I don't have a boat so it is OK to fish from any of the marinas at LP? Any advice is appreciated.

Nice weekend!

I have heard tell of guys that fish crappie from shore, but usually earlier in the season. I don't think you'll find that the marinas will welcome you to come in and fish on their property. I had a slip at Booth's for years and they would turn a blind eye, but it is all signed. I think Big Creek and the Port Rowan dock may be your best bets for shore fishing spots, but I don't know if they hold crappie, especially later in June. I don't think you will get too much help because the crappie fisherman may be even tighter-lipped:censored: than the river rats (do you agree @Stick?)

Last edited:
early spring you can get them in the marina's, but not know. Marina owners won't let you in now anyways, since the boats in coming in and out on a constant flow.

I have heard tell of guys that fish crappie from shore, but usually earlier in the season. I don't think you'll find that the marinas will welcome you to come in and fish on their property. I had a slip at Booth's for years and they would turn a blind eye, but it is all signed. I think Big Creek and the Port Rowan dock may be your best bets for shore fishing spots, but I don't know if they hold crappie, especially later in June. I don't think you will get too much help because the crappie fisherman may be even tighter-lipped:censored: than the river rats (do you agree @Stick

AMEN! @stomp

I have heard tell of guys that fish crappie from shore, but usually earlier in the season. I don't think you'll find that the marinas will welcome you to come in and fish on their property. I had a slip at Booth's for years and they would turn a blind eye, but it is all signed. I think Big Creek and the Port Rowan dock may be your best bets for shore fishing spots, but I don't know if they hold crappie, especially later in June. I don't think you will get too much help because the crappie fisherman may be even tighter-lipped:censored: than the river rats (do you agree @Stick?)
stomp, thank you very much for the info and advice!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks