portburwell

heavy anchor

first trip to burwell wonder were to launch and were to fish for perch have a 18 ft legend 90 hp need a lot of info any is more than i have ty in advance heard a lot about hastings but have no idea

turn left over the bridge and you will see sighs for two boat ramps one on each side of the road ,I use the one on the left ,.once you head out the river to the lake turn left and follow the shore line east ,if you want the very best fishing go 18 miles or so east to the very last windmill go to 50 fow and anchor ,now with a pickerel or crappy rig and half oz weight put a minnow on each hook and drop it right to the bottom ,keep your line tight and in contact with the bottom and wait for the bite no casting here lol ,just drop it down t the bottom ,,good luck and pick a nice day and fill your gas tank before heading out ,,Dutch

i want to thank you for your detailed info and i will follow what you said is that spot good just for perch or are there incidental catches of other fish ty heavyanchor

you will get some silvers and there is a chance for a pickerel there have been some cought this past week mixed in with the perch ,there is also the chance for a bow out there ,,Dutch

That's the area.
Last Sat 4 of made the trip.
End result was a 4 man limit which equaled 47 lbs of perch fillets.
Also about a dozen silver bass and a few sheepheads.
No gobies.
Bite was fairly constant but very light hitting.
Fished for about 3 hrs to limit out.

i want to thank both DUTCH AND WOODSMAN for there expert advice it makes us newbies feel a little bit better and safer keep up the good work and may all your fishing be safe its guys like you that keep me active im 75 years young heavyanchor

there is a boat ramp on the right and the left once you go over the bridge or west of the bridge depending on you direction of travel .All depends what side you want to use on a given day ,I have used both Dutch

yep I was just kidding I know where the ramps are but if there calling for a good day make sure you bring along lots of patience for the ramp coming and going its going to be very busy bradfields had 160 boats go out saterday morning in 2 hours that's a lot of boats coming back in at the same time lol

BTW: I found if you tear a minnow in half & use either half will increase the bite & catch rate if the fish are hitting lightly .
Also saves on minnows used.

sometimes I will cut them in half as well other time I use the eyes for bait ,I hear some guys use a piece of belly meat for bait ,I think thy feed by scent and the more the better ,got to be very dark down 50 feet in the sandy water around burwell ,,Dutch

sometimes I will cut them in half as well other time I use the eyes for bait ,I hear some guys use a piece of belly meat for bait ,I think thy feed by scent and the more the better ,got to be very dark down 50 feet in the sandy water around burwell ,,Dutch
New on here........sorta. I have been cutting my minnows into 3 or 4 pieces all year. It seems to me that I hook more fish because it gives the little buggers less to steal on you and Im convinced that the scent gets them going

sounds like i will find a ramp appreciate all the in put will salties work or should live be better if cutting in half not live for long are the ramps still crazy busy during the week ty heavyanchor

i never throw out my left over minnows , i salt them with softner salt. i used salted minnows last weekend and they outperformed my two buddies using the live ones. i cut them in half as well

sounds like i will find a ramp appreciate all the in put will salties work or should live be better if cutting in half not live for long are the ramps still crazy busy during the week ty heavyanchor
Good question about the ramps still being crazy during the week.I haven`t been down that way yet,thinking that the line ups would be all the way up the hill to the Highway!! It sure would be nice to have a few more Boat Ramp`s installed along the Lake Erie Shoreline`s,here & there!! I know,it`s Wishful thinking!! :rolleyes: LOL :)

the burwell ramps are they the closest we got about just short of 2 hours to get there i dont know you but i think i should heavyanchor

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks