Port Stanley Walters

smokey1

Arrived at the gov't launch at 930am, three gentleman arrive with there 18 in the box.
.So we head out for a 20 minute drive and 70ft arrives, closer to Glasgow than port . The lake today was so calm.
2 dipseys and 2 riggers,50-50 on the fish 17 walleye , a big sheepy, and green lake bass, maybe 8 inchs long.
Marked lost of fish throughout the column with all but the last fish coming from to the bottom .
The last one was an idea to try one rod higher as we are marking some nice hooks in 30 to 40 so I spooled the ball down 40 from reading my reel and bang we get a 19 incher.
Majority of fish came on spoons as there were run 3 to 1.
As a lot of other have stated all colours work, monkey puke, nascar, pink panties.
Ran the riggers down lower , spooling 70 and ran my dipseys both at 200, which is probably slightly less because my reels are not totally full but close.
I run 2.8 give or take .2 and south west direction was most productive
Nets are out, west of Stanley shallower maybe 5 miles out and some deeper.
Lines in a 10am and done at 1:15 throwing 3 back by then and when reeling the lines in we sported 2 more to return.
The bugs are as bad as last sunday so thick and messy, but the fishing is fantastic.

Last edited:
Arrived at the gov't launch at 930am, three gentleman arrive with there 18 in the box.
.So we head out for a 20 minute drive and 70ft arrives, closer to Glasgow than port . The lake today was so calm.
2 dipseys and 2 riggers,50-50 on the fish 17 walleye , a big sheepy, and green lake bass, maybe 8 inchs long.
Marked lost of fish throughout the column but all but the last fish caught came from to the bottom.
The last one was an idea to try one rod higher as we are marking some nice hooks in 30 to 40 so I spooled the ball down 40 from reading my reel and bang we get a 19 incher.
Majority of fish came on spoons as there were run 3 to 1.
As a lot of other have stated all colours work, monkey puke, nascar, pink panties.
Ran the riggers down lower , spooling 70 and ran my dipseys both at 200, which is probably slightly less because my reel and not totally full but close.
I run 2.8 give or take .2 and south west direction was most productive
Nets are out, west of Stanley shallower maybe 5 miles out and some deeper.
Lines in a 10am and done at 1:15 throwing 3 back by then and when reeling the lines in we sported 2 more to return.
The bugs are as bad as last sunday so thick and messy, but the fishing is fantastic.
Excellent Report on your Fishing day from today @smokey1,and Thanks!! I will be Fishing Lake Erie off Port Stanley this week.Enjoy your Fish Fry! (y)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks