Port Stanley September 26/17 Walleye's ON!!

Red Hering

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
IMG_0183.JPG What an Excellent Day!! First time ever meeting @Wave Runner,and in the Dark:rolleyes: at the Boat Ramp! LOL First off @Wave Runner,Thank-You again for rescuing me from not being able to fish because of my street being paved,and not being able to get my boat out of my lane way.It was too nice of a Day to not be Fishing.Plus,telling your friend Darren the day before, if it was O.K. to take me out instead.(y) Excellent Fishing!!,& Sorry about not being able to drive a console,(unless the wind was on my back when I did seem to have control of your boat),because of my Tiller experience on my boats that I have owned over the year's.I was surprised when you said that the fishing was SLOW,but a 2 man limit within a few hour's is Good I say,especially running only 2 lines,because of the many tangles by me,again from my poor console driving.Yes,we did have some very good conversations,& I would Love to Fish with you anytime that you need a partner.Also,it was nice to see the Port Stanley Weather Buoy,that I have heard and read about over the year's.It was a Fantastic Day all around,& here are some photo's of our day out,and a cooler full of our limit of Walleye's,before the ice was put on top of them.Tight Lines my Friend,& FISH ON!! :)(y)
IMG_0183.JPG IMG_0185.JPG IMG_0198.JPG IMG_0203.JPG IMG_0204.JPG IMG_0207.JPG IMG_0215.JPG

Last edited:
Very nice report Erich and we did have a pretty good day overall fishing together. I tried fixing up best I could a few of the photos as your phone camera is having some issues with exposure and focus. Your sunrise came out good so exposure not a problem in low light just in bright sunlight for some reason.

IMG_0203.JPG

IMG_0215.JPG

IMG_0198.JPG

Great Report!!!...I sense your a happy fisherman @Red Hering

and giving them walleyes a good work over with your steering technique...

not complaining to much...but it would be nice to have the sensor light back at Stans boat launch

yesterday I didn't need my flashlight under a very bright light at the glasgow boat launch which is very helpful

Last edited:
not complaining to much...but it would be nice to have the sensor light back at Stans boat launch yesterday I didn't need my flashlight under a very bright light at the glasgow boat launch which is very helpful

Tell me about it, all I can see in my mirrors with this clouded over quarter moon is solid black and I had no flashlight with me. :eek:
I couldn't see my trailer or the launch!
Darren usually brings this LED lantern which helps immensely to see the ramp in total darkness.
I think I need to speak with Dave the owner of Stan's Marina about being so cheap with the lights. ;)

And yes @Red Hering is very happy fisherman and a pleasure to have aboard.
Just wish he could drive better, maybe if I take off the steering wheel and put a tiller handle at the helm he'll do better. :p:LOL: :D

Last edited:
I had to add red herring's steering technique quote to my reply..lol

Ya the owner at stans seems to be a nice guy...did'nt know his name...his brother and him bought the marina quit a while ago...I haven't seen the brother for a while now...they use to run it together...

years back the launch had a fixed light that was really bright...then it went to a sensor light to save on hydro and it was dim and almost useless..

another small thing is they keep the washroom locked up overnight to...I found that out the hard way one morning...lol

my boat launch wishlist would have a shaded fish cleaning facility too...lol

I just wondered waverunner...is stanley boat launch a little closer for you then glasgow...

I just wondered waverunner...is stanley boat launch a little closer for you then glasgow...

I'm quite fortunate to be centrally located for fishing as Port Stanley is only 20 minutes away and Glasgow is 25 so pretty close either way for me.
Port Bruce is 35 minutes, Burwell 50 and Lighthouse Cove on Lake St. Clair just over an hour from my house.

Last edited:
I'm quite fortunate to be centrally located for fishing as Port Stanley is only 20 minuets away and Glasgow is 25 so pretty close either way for me.
Port Bruce is 35 minuets, Burwell 50 and Lighthouse Cove on Lake St. Clair just over an hour from my house.
Rub it in, rub it in :rolleyes:---class act for taking Red Hering out and putting him (and you) on some fish(y)

always thought a "minuet" was a dance:p:whistle:

ya waverunner I though stanley was a hair closer...lol

ya packrat...ol waverunner fishin 2 days in a row...throwing is typing off a tad...

always thought a "minuet" was a dance:p:whistle:

NO... I don't want to dance with a packrat, smarty pants! :p

Yeah your right @mick 2 days in a row is a rare for this old guy anymore. :oldman: :confused:
Big wind coming for days on end so pressed myself to go. I'm now feeling the effects of that heat, kind of laying low today. :hungover:

I thought you said they were for your wife? Definitely, yes.
Tell me about it, all I can see in my mirrors with this clouded over quarter moon is solid black and I had no flashlight with me. :eek:
Darren usually brings this LED lantern which helps immensely to see the ramp in total darkness.
I think I need to speak with Dave the owner of Stan's Marina about being so cheap with the lights. ;)

Just wish he could drive better, maybe if I take off the steering wheel and put a tiller handle at the helm he'll do better. :p:LOL: :D
Yes @Wave Runner,NO steering wheel on your boat would Help me Immensely!! ;)LOL Also,I can get the feel of the waves around me with a Tiller Handle.:) Luckily I was there to Help guide your boat down the dark boat Ramp,and a light of some sort would definitely help early bird Fishermen such as us,and @mick,and perhaps others also.(y)

not complaining to much...but it would be nice to have the sensor light back at Stans boat launch

yesterday I didn't need my flashlight under a very bright light at the glasgow boat launch which is very helpful

Yes!! A Very Happy Fisherman,@mick.:)(y)

My office is in the back of my boat,with my tiller in my left hand,and my eyes on my downrigger on my left,with the fish finder right below the rigger.A great way to fish alone,if I need to,and the fish don't have a chance!!;) LOL (y)

Attachments

• IMG_9775.JPG
    IMG_9775.JPG
    198.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9782.JPG
    IMG_9782.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 17
Back