Port Stanley Sat morning

fishin fool

I joined Mick this morning to go for walley and without disappointment. We had our 2 man limet in just under 2 hrs out by the weather bouye in 66 ft, the gold and black and orange and white AC shiners caught all the fish,riggers were set to 55'

stanley pickeral sept. 16th 004.JPG

@fishin fool did a great job crankin um in this mornin...same program...image should read 8:52 am...we finished up at 9:15 am

orange & gold shiner was the hot colour today...it was 2 riggers, 2 rods & 2 shiners...done

another beauty day on the lake...

View attachment 6383

@fishin fool did a great job crankin um in this mornin...same program...image should read 8:52 am...we finished up at 9:15 am

orange & gold shiner was the hot colour today...it was 2 riggers, 2 rods & 2 shiners...done

another beauty day on the lake...
Excellent Report!! It's Good to know that they are still out there,and Port Stanley is close to me for a short drive,and to be able to try my luck next week,I also agree with @Wave Runner,I don't fish weekends either.Lets hope that the winds will remain light.Also,Thanks for the tip's @mick,and I am looking forward to be using my downrigger again.Tight Lines,& Walleye's ON!! (y)

Attachments

• IMG_9782.JPG
    IMG_9782.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 19
thanks @Wave Runner for the well done and your welcome too @Red Hering ...ya I normally don't go on the weekends either..but it was nice to have another fisherman onboard this morning...and that being a saturday...my other buddy I have been fishin with through the week ..is all fished out 2 weeks ago...lol...and he was Mr leadcore cranker...not now...lol

..anyway stanley this morning was just like a weekday..pretty well deserted..other then...I helped my neighbour Tom with his boat this morning at the launch...he had his hands full with taking his dad senior ...and Tom not familiar with fishing stanley.. so I stuck around and we made that work and ended up out on the fish at the same time...I talked to Tom a few times on the radio and they were half way with 6 when we had our limit...

yes lots of pics...my sonar was packed at first light this morning...coughed up smelt in the cooler...and the best part was alot less work not running lead core to get our count.. and i had a 12 colour micro ready to go deep..but didn't have to...

anyway good luck out there you guys..hope the weather hangs on to this light & variable for yas...

@mick... I also put the lead core away when they are that deep and go with riggers and Dipseys instead of winding 10 miles of lead in each time. :LOL:

They were so stacked on my fish finder on Friday I'm surprised we didn't snag 1 or 2 just trolling through. :D

I'm still looking for some perch... a friend of mine @Toad sent me an email earlier teasing me with photo of a big cooler with 200 Hasting's perch in it.
He's says he's my friend! :rolleyes: :whistle:

@mick... I also put the lead core away when they are that deep and go with riggers and Dipseys instead of winding 10 miles of lead in each time. :LOL:

They were so stacked on my fish finder on Friday I'm surprised we didn't snag 1 or 2 just trolling through. :D

I'm still looking for some perch... a friend of mine @Toad sent me an email earlier teasing me with photo of a big cooler with 200 Hasting's perch in it.
He's says he's my friend! :rolleyes: :whistle:
Go get them bob lots to be had

thanks @Wave Runner for the well done and your welcome too @Red Hering ...ya I normally don't go on the weekends either..but it was nice to have another fisherman onboard this morning...and that being a saturday...my other buddy I have been fishin with through the week ..is all fished out 2 weeks ago...lol...and he was Mr leadcore cranker...not now...lol

..anyway stanley this morning was just like a weekday..pretty well deserted..other then...I helped my neighbour Tom with his boat this morning at the launch...he had his hands full with taking his dad senior ...and Tom not familiar with fishing stanley.. so I stuck around and we made that work and ended up out on the fish at the same time...I talked to Tom a few times on the radio and they were half way with 6 when we had our limit...

yes lots of pics...my sonar was packed at first light this morning...coughed up smelt in the cooler...and the best part was alot less work not running lead core to get our count.. and i had a 12 colour micro ready to go deep..but didn't have to...

anyway good luck out there you guys..hope the weather hangs on to this light & variable for yas...
@mick your right,it does seem like that the Boat Ramps do seem to more deserted this time of year even on the weekends as you mentioned.It looks good for Angling even for Sunday with the light winds.I won't be able to get out till next week.Good Luck on your next trip out,& Tight Lines!!(y)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks