Off Topic Port Stanley Question

BrentEve

We plan on heading out of Port Stanley early Thursday afternoon. (Pending on weather) looking at the different options for boat launch and not finding much information. Can anyone help out with information on recommended launch and what to expect for parking?

I have no experience with Port Stanley....but I'm sure lots of members here can help you out

Unless you live in London direction.....you could always try Port Bruce $ 10 to launch at NEM
Just a heads up ...bridge and ramps closes at the ALMER CUTOFF
SO get off at Putnam or Dorchester rd depending on direction coming from

We plan on heading out of Port Stanley early Thursday afternoon. (Pending on weather) looking at the different options for boat launch and not finding much information. Can anyone help out with information on recommended launch and what to expect for parking?
@BrentEve member @Nofish was asking about Port Stanley as well.Check out his post from last Sunday July 14/19,there you might find some of the answers that you are looking for,and good luck if you do get a chance to go fishing this thursday afternoon. ? ??:cool:

Last edited:
@BrentEve member @Nofish was asking about Port Stanley as well.Check out his post from last Sunday July 14/29,there you might find some of the answers that you are looking for,and good luck if you do get a chance to go fishing this thursday afternoon. ? ??:cool:
We're heading out of Stanley Thurs. morning and we always use the new ramp at the mouth. Haven't experienced any problems with launching or loading but we're particular on days we go. It can be a problem with a strong south wind. Fish straight at starting at 55' and troll towards port Bruce. Lots of fish.

There is a ramp located on the west side of the lift bridge. After you go over the bridge take the first left and follow it towards the pier. It is a new ramp. Shortest route to the water! Stan's marina has a ramp but it will take longer to get to the open water. I will try and find out prices and get back to you

There is a ramp located on the west side of the lift bridge. After you go over the bridge take the first left and follow it towards the pier. It is a new ramp. Shortest route to the water! Stan's marina has a ramp but it will take longer to get to the open water. I will try and find out prices and get back to you
Thank you so much!!! Is it bridgeview marina?

be careful and don't step or slip on all the goose droppings on the only dock of the ramp...i used the ramp monday am and what a mess...the stanley municiplity workers driving around there in the 2 red trucks should clean that up and keep it maintained..its a hazard...i was looking for a chance to tell them while i loaded up on the way home..

We're heading out of Stanley Thurs. morning and we always use the new ramp at the mouth. Haven't experienced any problems with launching or loading but we're particular on days we go. It can be a problem with a strong south wind. Fish straight at starting at 55' and troll towards port Bruce. Lots of fish.
It should say july 14/19 not july 14/29 (LoL) sorry about that.

Stans rate is S16 for the first 20 feet. $1 per foot after that. Includes parking.
New pier is $30 flat rate includes ramp and parking for the vehicle and trailer. hope this helps.

be careful and don't step or slip on all the goose droppings on the only dock of the ramp...i used the ramp monday am and what a mess...the stanley municiplity workers driving around there in the 2 red trucks should clean that up and keep it maintained..its a hazard...i was looking for a chance to tell them while i loaded up on the way home..
Yes,and it could be very slippery indeed as @mick just mentioned. The Canada geese sometimes won’t let you launch our boats either!! They are definitely locals there!! :rolleyes:;)?:cool:

Attachments

• FCF6E4F0-465E-439C-BF84-A54FF8B3A6AE.jpeg
    FCF6E4F0-465E-439C-BF84-A54FF8B3A6AE.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 26
The goose crap is more of a hazard than the winds.

Stans rate is S16 for the first 20 feet. $1 per foot after that. Includes parking.
New pier is $30 flat rate includes ramp and parking for the vehicle and trailer. hope this helps.
WOW!! :oops: $30 flat rate for the new pier boat ramp plus parking!!:eek: Does that rate come with Mackie’s ? fries & a drink??:p lol:ROFLMAO:;)?:cool:

good photo red herring of the nuisance geese and dock..

$30 wow.. I put in a green $20 in the pay box.. I guess I got a bargin...ya my receipt says autos only...lol

I won't be launching there again..I will go back to stans with my rubber boots...water is still on the high side to launch there..but doable

I use Stan's religiously...for the past 40 years. Stan Spears was an awesome guy and Dave McNiece is very accommodating. It's not a circus and your recreational investments and assets are safe. Only draw back is, 1 mile to lighthouse and limited parking...I'm ok with that.

I always launch out of Stan's Marina if fishing out of Port Stanley. Launch fee was $15 last year not sure if any change. I wouldn't use the government launch by the pier myself, if south wind comes up creates waves where you can't even get your boat in or out.

South winds off lake erie are bad for that ramp for sure! I had my experience with that south wind last year when I was loading my boat onto my boat trailer.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks