Port STANLEY (not Glasglow, my mistake) July 12

rcfire77

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Started later around 11am. Went due south of port and dropped lines in 50fow and trolled around the buoy. Picked up mature walleye in and back with 3 bonus bows. Cosmo carnival and ice age ripplins did 80% of the damage. Number 1 dipsys on 3 setting at 85 and 95 worked perfectly together and the riggers set at 40-50 with sliders on them worked as well. On the way back in around 530/6 the sky clouded up and there was no action on the lines so I put on two new custom painted ripplins I picked up at angling fishing in London. I got it down on the rigger and I was just about to attach the slider when the pole snapped up and a beauty bow started jumping til he was safely introduced to the live well. In the next 20 minutes I pulled another bow and two 5/6lb walleye with this lure. Limits were filled and the rain started so in we went. I will attach a picture of the new ripplin here cause I am not sure what it’s called. On another note I was trying to net a bow when he crossed lines so I set the net on the back by the swim platform and then watched it slowly slide into the lake. It was only a 70.99 rubber net from bass pro in St Catherines but I loved it. I bought that new RS net that guys on here we’re going on about and I think it’s ABSOLUTE JUNK!!! 250 bucks and I can’t tighten the clasp enough that the net doesn’t turn as soon as I put it in the water. I have tried pliers, vice grips etc and nothing will tighten it. I was considering a self tapping screw but for 250 bucks I shouldn’t have to McGiver a new piece of fishing equipment. Please does anybody have any suggestions?? The ripplins on the right were the ones that were irresistible once it became overcast. If anyone finds a green net with rubber netting floating around in Erie I have a 50 dollar bill with your name on it. Love that net….hooks DO NOT get caught.

Attachments

• IMG_2469.jpeg
    IMG_2469.jpeg
    232.4 KB · Views: 93
Thanks for the update. Was out the other day and one had one rainbow on for 2 seconds. One triple sow cow that would make Nancy Kerrigan happy and gone. As far as nets, I have the Lucky Strike yellow handle. Like how I can collapse it as bit. Doesn’t tangle too bad. I think your custom lure colour is Justin Trudeau cause it’s a bit of a clown pattern.

Started later around 11am. Went due south of port and dropped lines in 50fow and trolled around the buoy. Picked up mature walleye in and back with 3 bonus bows. Cosmo carnival and ice age ripplins did 80% of the damage. Number 1 dipsys on 3 setting at 85 and 95 worked perfectly together and the riggers set at 40-50 with sliders on them worked as well. On the way back in around 530/6 the sky clouded up and there was no action on the lines so I put on two new custom painted ripplins I picked up at angling fishing in London. I got it down on the rigger and I was just about to attach the slider when the pole snapped up and a beauty bow started jumping til he was safely introduced to the live well. In the next 20 minutes I pulled another bow and two 5/6lb walleye with this lure. Limits were filled and the rain started so in we went. I will attach a picture of the new ripplin here cause I am not sure what it’s called. On another note I was trying to net a bow when he crossed lines so I set the net on the back by the swim platform and then watched it slowly slide into the lake. It was only a 70.99 rubber net from bass pro in St Catherines but I loved it. I bought that new RS net that guys on here we’re going on about and I think it’s ABSOLUTE JUNK!!! 250 bucks and I can’t tighten the clasp enough that the net doesn’t turn as soon as I put it in the water. I have tried pliers, vice grips etc and nothing will tighten it. I was considering a self tapping screw but for 250 bucks I shouldn’t have to McGiver a new piece of fishing equipment. Please does anybody have any suggestions?? The ripplins on the right were the ones that were irresistible once it became overcast. If anyone finds a green net with rubber netting floating around in Erie I have a 50 dollar bill with your name on it. Love that net….hooks DO NOT get caught.
I was wondering when you said you were trolling around the buoy. The only buoy nearby is 10 miles out of Stanley.

I buy extendable painters poles from the hardware store and then install my favorite net basket by drilling the pole and installing a stainless bolt and nylok nut. This set up has proven to be FAR superior to any of the fancy net's they sell these days which are mostly junk. My buddy bought some $200 wonder net also and has had no end of issues with the POS. If your net basket coating starts to wear, you can always extend it's life a bit by spraying it down with bedliner, thats another youtube trick I learned that works out pretty well.

@rcfire77 I just got back from the London tackle store this morning,and thanks for the “hot” tip on these lure’s which you had success on recently,and which I did not have. I am now anxious to use these lure’s for the Lake Erie walleye’s & rainbow’s. The orange and silver lure is called the, “Brookster,” the other one on the left is called,” Wonderbread.” I couldn’t resist on buying some more Ripplin Redfins while I was there,and also 3 YALEYE-FISH Now to try these lure’s out,and to get some walleye teeth mark’s on them!! lol 😆 🚤🎣🐟🐟👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_1174.jpeg
    IMG_1174.jpeg
    163.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1175.jpeg
    IMG_1175.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1176.jpeg
    IMG_1176.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1177.jpeg
    IMG_1177.jpeg
    292.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1170.jpeg
    IMG_1170.jpeg
    362.5 KB · Views: 30
@rcfire77 I just got back from the London tackle store this morning,and thanks for the “hot” tip on these lure’s which you had success on recently,and which I did not have. I am now anxious to use these lure’s for the Lake Erie walleye’s & rainbow’s. The orange and silver lure is called the, “Brookster,” the other one on the left is called,” Wonderbread.” I couldn’t resist on buying some more Ripplin Redfins while I was there,and also 3 YALEYE-FISH Now to try these lure’s out,and to get some walleye teeth mark’s on them!! lol 😆 🚤🎣🐟🐟👍🙂
That all sounds really good Red but first you have to get your boat in the water in order to get tooth marks on them, lol ,lol

That all sounds really good Red but first you have to get your boat in the water in order to get tooth marks on them, lol ,lol
Very,Very true!! and lol 😆 @scrimmy !! 👊👊 BUT!! I like reading yours and @Wave Runner etc., fishing post’s from out on Lake Erie,because it’s cheaper this way!! 😙 Such as in,not having to buy gasoline ⛽️ for my 🛻 truck & boat 🚤 to spend on,launch fees,also having to get up “ way too early!!” for this retire to avoid the lineup’s at the boat ramp,etc.,etc. Therefore,this way,there is money 💰 left in my wallet to buy lure’s with,and to admire!! IMG_1170.jpeg 😍 lol 😝 no worries 😌, about me not putting my boat 🚤 in the water,for I will eventually will get back out on some lake soon,once my fish supply in my freezer eventually gets low,( I don’t eat a lot of fish ),which will likely be within a couple of weeks. Tight lines & perhaps,walleye’s & rainbow’s on soon for me,to replenish my freezer. 🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟🤞 😉👍🙂

Really red, more lures? Lmao.

Very,Very true!! and lol 😆 @scrimmy !! 👊👊 BUT!! I like reading yours and @Wave Runner etc., fishing post’s from out on Lake Erie,because it’s cheaper this way!! 😙 Such as in,not having to buy gasoline ⛽️ for my 🛻 truck & boat 🚤 to spend on,launch fees,also having to get up “ way too early!!” for this retire to avoid the lineup’s at the boat ramp,etc.,etc. Therefore,this way,there is money 💰 left in my wallet to buy lure’s with,and to admire!! View attachment 76335 😍 lol 😝 no worries 😌, about me not putting my boat 🚤 in the water,for I will eventually will get back out on some lake soon,once my fish supply in my freezer eventually gets low,( I don’t eat a lot of fish ),which will likely be within a couple of weeks. Tight lines & perhaps,walleye’s & rainbow’s on soon for me,to replenish my freezer. 🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟🤞 😉👍🙂
but you forgot about live bait ,snacks and eats and coolies,chicken dinners for the ride home,BOAT REPAIRS@ 100 dollars an hr, hell metro had lake erie pickeral @9.99 lb this week, i bot 10 lbs , half the price of 1 fishing trip and already skinned,,,, so glad we got rid of the boat 10 yrs ago

BOAT= Bring Out Another Thousand
and Fishing is the most expensive way to get a free meal.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks