Off Topic Port stanley launches

Alby

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Whats the best launch in stanley t i a

Whats the best launch in stanley t i a
Personally I like the public launch, lots of room, and nice and close to the lake don’t have to putter down the creek. cost $20

not sure what the other launches cost

Where do you get the season pass?
The easiest way and probably only feasible method right now is to download the HonkMobile app,create an account search for Zone 9485. Make sure you Purchase the season pass. I had to change the default option from single day to long term if I remember correctly. The pass is only valid for one vehicle licence plate.
Previous years I would just go into the county office and buy it.

Public one are good ramps but when it's busy it's not pleasant and can often bring out the worst in people.

Can be tough loading when the wind is right from the south and the waves roll right in.

Public one are good ramps but when it's busy it's not pleasant and can often bring out the worst in people.

Can be tough loading when the wind is right from the south and the waves roll right in.
You are 100% correct. But I do enjoy the entertainment of pleasure boaters attempting to launch and load on a busy Saturday afternoon lol
As long as you have patience just sit back and watch to show

That can apply to all ramps when busy
But the ones in the channel are protected from the wind and waves but yah have to take the good with the bad

You are 100% correct. But I do enjoy the entertainment of pleasure boaters attempting to launch and load on a busy Saturday afternoon lol
As long as you have patience just sit back and watch to show
I enjoy watching on YouTube
Even better in real life

Some good points there @Arawak about the Port Stanley boat ramp,especially about the south wind rolling right in,and it can be tricky trying to unload,or even mostly load your boat back up onto your boat trailer,because the waves especially from the south,can make it difficult and sometimes dangerous as well. In the early & in the late season,the Port Stanley boat ramp is not as busy,my favourite time to use it. Also,it’s a bit of a walk from the parking lot to the boat ramp,after parking your vehicle and boat trailer. Also,once the weather gets nice and the holiday season starts,it can get extremely busy with long line ups,(likely with all the other boat ramps as well),with not only fishing boat’s,but plenty of sea-doos,jet skis & the odd sailboats,etc.One of the issues I see also at the Port Stanley boat ramp is,that boats & other watercraft’s are using both side of the boat ramp to try to get back out,after a day of fishing,etc.,while other boater’s are still trying to get their fishing boat’s,etc. in as well. I was going to buy a season Port Stanley boat ramp pass,but I won’t this year,or other year’s,because I didn’t break even,(lost money),last year,by not using my boat ramp pass enough,(too busy & unorganized!!),and starting this year,I will pay as I go,only IF it’s not too busy there,once I arrive at the boat ramp,and hopefully more organized there as well,so that myself & likely others as well,can all enjoy this boat ramp & the parking facilities. Happy boating to all & be safe & tight lines!! 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Last edited:
I'd happily pay a premium for a managed boat ramp. Someone directing traffic makes a world of difference.

And on that note it's criminal that Port Franks Marina charges $25... it's a horrible ramp, crappy hours, no one managing it.

Its $135 taxes in for the seasons pass. It pays for itself in 7 trips out and you can use the pass at any of the parking lots in Port from May 1st to Oct 1st. Unless you have the patience of a Saint I would not attempt to launch between 11 am-7 pm on a summer weekend due to all the jet skis and pleasure craft. Its quite the show.
It would go much smoother with a bit of signage to explain the best method. When it is busy you should have paid for your parking using the app prior to launching. Launch your boat, move it over to the dock and then go park your vehicle that way the ramp opens up for the next boat or skiis. When returning, park along the dock then grab your vehicle and jump in line. Once its your turn, you get the trailer ready on the ramp, drive your boat over and then pull it out. I have done this countless times and it is so much faster and no one holds up the ramp for more than a couple minutes.

Its $135 taxes in for the seasons pass. It pays for itself in 7 trips out and you can use the pass at any of the parking lots in Port from May 1st to Oct 1st. Unless you have the patience of a Saint I would not attempt to launch between 11 am-7 pm on a summer weekend due to all the jet skis and pleasure craft. Its quite the show.
It would go much smoother with a bit of signage to explain the best method. When it is busy you should have paid for your parking using the app prior to launching. Launch your boat, move it over to the dock and then go park your vehicle that way the ramp opens up for the next boat or skiis. When returning, park along the dock then grab your vehicle and jump in line. Once its your turn, you get the trailer ready on the ramp, drive your boat over and then pull it out. I have done this countless times and it is so much faster and no one holds up the ramp for more than a couple minutes.
Good idea they need more space on those docks along the side there lol

I'd happily pay a premium for a managed boat ramp. Someone directing traffic makes a world of difference.

And on that note it's criminal that Port Franks Marina charges $25... it's a horrible ramp, crappy hours, no one managing it.
I totally agree with you again @Arawak 👍👍 Another thought/idea would be to have a “In” and a “Out” sign right at the boat ramp in Port Stanley & other ramp’s as well,so as I have mentioned before,you don’t have boater’s,jet ski’s,sailboats trying to get out,on both sides of the boat ramp,😳😱while others are trying to get in!! 😱😤 Yes,very criminal indeed @Arawak what they are charging at Port Franks there for the use of their boat ramp,and definitely their hour’s of operation are ridiculous,(opens at 8 a.m.!! 😱),especially if someone such as ourselves and others,who love to fish for salmon,trout,etc.,at the “crack of dawn!!” I used the Port Franks boat ramp once back on June 2/21,03CE6285-977E-4919-975D-29654875E17E.jpeg (only the left side was operational),and it got busy,with boater’s trying to get in & out!! 😱 I haven’t been back since!! It’s too bad,because I love fishing around the Kettle Point area,and the boat ramp,($25),at Grand Bend would be good to use,(no specific opening hour’s there), but it is too far of a boat ride to the Kettle Point area where I like to fish for salmon & trout,etc. Well,good luck to you and others at our boat ramp’s,for the upcoming busy holiday season & try to have patience,if possible everyone,because we will need it!! 🚤🎣🐟👍😎

I totally agree with you again @Arawak 👍👍 Another thought/idea would be to have a “In” and a “Out” sign right at the boat ramp in Port Stanley & other ramp’s as well,so as I have mentioned before,you don’t have boater’s,jet ski’s,sailboats trying to get out,on both sides of the boat ramp,😳😱while others are trying to get in!! 😱😤 Yes,very criminal indeed @Arawak what they are charging at Port Franks there for the use of their boat ramp,and definitely their hour’s of operation are ridiculous,(opens at 8 a.m.!! 😱),especially if someone such as ourselves and others,who love to fish for salmon,trout,etc.,at the “crack of dawn!!” I used the Port Franks boat ramp once back on June 2/21,View attachment 42953 (only the left side was operational),and it got busy,with boater’s trying to get in & out!! 😱 I haven’t been back since!! It’s too bad,because I love fishing around the Kettle Point area,and the boat ramp,($25),at Grand Bend would be good to use,(no specific opening hour’s there), but it is too far of a boat ride to the Kettle Point area where I like to fish for salmon & trout,etc. Well,good luck to you and others at our boat ramp’s,for the upcoming busy holiday season & try to have patience,if possible everyone,because we will need it!! 🚤🎣🐟👍😎
It should be common sense double ramps with docks rigth side in left side out
🙄
But we all know there isn't much common sense out there

It should be common sense double ramps with docks rigth side in left side out
🙄
But we all know there isn't much common sense out there
Unfortunately not @Ticker that it should be common sense,& me not going fishing/boating on a beautiful looking weekend coming tomorrow,because I am thinking that the Port Stanley boat ramp & lots of others as well,will be crowded. I rather pickup a coffee and watch the show at the boat ramp,to see how the boat launching is coming along. ☕🚤😉👍😎

Unfortunately not @Ticker that it should be common sense,& me not going fishing/boating on a beautiful looking weekend coming tomorrow,because I am thinking that the Port Stanley boat ramp & lots of others as well,will be crowded. I rather pickup a coffee and watch the show at the boat ramp,to see how the boat launching is coming along. ☕🚤😉👍😎
I'm heading out tomorrow to fish lake Erie first time this year and will be my second fishing trip this year I'm having withdrawal symptoms and my wife had enough of my whining about not able to go fishing and said get out
Fishing that is
Work gets in a way on most weekdays and last weekend winds had me ground
So he'll or high water I'm going fishing 🎣

I'm heading out tomorrow to fish lake Erie first time this year and will be my second fishing trip this year I'm having withdrawal symptoms and my wife had enough of my whining about not able to go fishing and said get out
Fishing that is
Tight lines @Ticker and hopefully the bug’s won’t be too bad out on Lake Erie tomorrow & the walleye’s and even the trout will be hungry!! 🚤🎣🐟👍😎

Fishing that is
Where you fishing tomorrow?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks