Port Stanley-July 10/19 I am loving the East Wind this time!! ? lol ?

Red Hering

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Thunderstorms were being forecasted for Thursday,so I went solo yesterday for another trip to find & catch some walleye’s,and yes,on a straight east wind,which eventually turned into a light 12 kilometre east-southeast wind,which I don’t like,(any east wind),till after my fishing success from yesterday.:D?Another great looking sunrise & “my office” (lol),is waiting for me tied up at the boat dock.??? I had my line in the water by 7:30 a.m. and off the water by 12:30 p.m.,because of the climbing humidity and of course then the ankle biting flies would then show up!!:( which again were very annoying,like on some of my previous fishing trip’s out on Lake Erie.After fishing off port stanley the day before with my young friend and not finding the walleye’s in great numbers in the 38 to 41 like on the previous trip’s,he only caught 2 there but still being very happy about catching walleye’s for the very first time out of a boat on lake erie.I therefore decided to go deeper yesterday roughly starting in 56 fow and trolling out to 67 fow.I would of gone as far as 70 fow,(but there were no other boat’s out there that deep-just one commercial fishing boat).I realize that most of the walleye’s are being caught in that 70 fow depth by reading some of the members on @stomp fishing report’s who fish out of Port Burwell,Bruce and Glasgow.Either way,I ended up catching 2 walleye’s & 2 rainbow trout,(the 2 trout were definitely a great surprise o_O),and I also lost a couple of big hits,due to my slowness :rolleyes: early in the morning to grab the lead core fishing pole set at 6 colour out of my rod holder!! :confused:lol:ROFLMAO: My first rainbow trout that I caught by surprise,was flatlining with a deep diving crankbait with 200 feet of monofilament line out,over 63 fow.I was holding my fishing pole at the time which I prefer to do,to actually feel “the hit” from a fish,and WOW!! :eek:o_O did it ever hit that deep diving perch pattern bomber crank-bait!! o_OAfter at least a half a dozen leaps and some long runs,she was in my boat measuring 24 inches long & around 5 lbs.!! A beautiful looking trout,& did that fish ever make my morning o_Owith my adrenaline running high!! Thank goodness that my netting skills were there for me on that early morning yesterday!! lol:ROFLMAO: Just a question to anyone out there,has anyone caught a rainbow trout dropping out eggs in July before? :oops:This one did,(photo’s),and it was a total surprise to me!!:eek: My morning of fishing ended up with 2 walleye’s & 2 trout & a couple of good hits that I missed.I know that the port stanley area doesn’t produce as much fish such as the other port’s that I mentioned earlier in this post,but not to put the commercial fishermen down because they do have to make a living,but myself and other locals in port stanley feel that there are too many fishing nets off Port Stanley,which are likely “spooking” the fish from around that area.The fishing net’s are marked,but be very cautious when and if you are fishing off of Port Stanley.Sorry again for my long post.A “Thumb Up,” to all,and Be Safe & Tight Lines to everyone that is enjoying this great sport of fishing!!?????

Attachments

• AF15B02B-6447-42A9-A20E-C09384D630F9.jpeg
    AF15B02B-6447-42A9-A20E-C09384D630F9.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 100
  • 398CA6D3-A70D-4489-B2A2-F0ED58B407EC.jpeg
    398CA6D3-A70D-4489-B2A2-F0ED58B407EC.jpeg
    647.8 KB · Views: 107
  • C95D931F-D083-4269-944B-DD7AC6C60E64.jpeg
    C95D931F-D083-4269-944B-DD7AC6C60E64.jpeg
    799.5 KB · Views: 116
  • BF5D525E-AD66-49F9-A191-53DD5F56EA54.jpeg
    BF5D525E-AD66-49F9-A191-53DD5F56EA54.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 123
  • E80B39E6-A734-4FB3-9C3E-D84B03ADC53A.jpeg
    E80B39E6-A734-4FB3-9C3E-D84B03ADC53A.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 121
  • 90E4FABF-33E3-45AE-B472-46E5D8903349.jpeg
    90E4FABF-33E3-45AE-B472-46E5D8903349.jpeg
    634.8 KB · Views: 115
  • 8337886A-B679-42D4-A278-E99120E37D9D.jpeg
    8337886A-B679-42D4-A278-E99120E37D9D.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 109
  • 5B75AD0A-43AE-4A2B-9A23-274F5585793E.jpeg
    5B75AD0A-43AE-4A2B-9A23-274F5585793E.jpeg
    890.7 KB · Views: 118
  • 13DE01DA-7CFD-47BA-AB7E-AAE4CED7C2E3.jpeg
    13DE01DA-7CFD-47BA-AB7E-AAE4CED7C2E3.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Good Job Red. Still your fault I caught a pike the other day tho. If we hadn't been talking about them...........:ROFLMAO:

Thunderstorms were being forecasted for Thursday,so I went solo yesterday for another trip to find & catch some walleye’s,and yes,on a straight east wind,which eventually turned into a light 12 kilometre east-southeast wind,which I don’t like,(any east wind),till after my fishing success from yesterday.:D?Another great looking sunrise & “my office” (lol),is waiting for me tied up at the boat dock.??? I had my line in the water by 7:30 a.m. and off the water by 12:30 p.m.,because of the climbing humidity and of course then the ankle biting flies would then show up!!:( which again were very annoying,like on some of my previous fishing trip’s out on Lake Erie.After fishing off port stanley the day before with my young friend and not finding the walleye’s in great numbers in the 38 to 41 like on the previous trip’s,he only caught 2 there but still being very happy about catching walleye’s for the very first time out of a boat on lake erie.I therefore decided to go deeper yesterday roughly starting in 56 fow and trolling out to 67 fow.I would of gone as far as 70 fow,(but there were no other boat’s out there that deep-just one commercial fishing boat).I realize that most of the walleye’s are being caught in that 70 fow depth by reading some of the members on @stomp fishing report’s who fish out of Port Burwell,Bruce and Glasgow.Either way,I ended up catching 2 walleye’s & 2 rainbow trout,(the 2 trout were definitely a great surprise o_O),and I also lost a couple of big hits,due to my slowness :rolleyes: early in the morning to grab the lead core fishing pole set at 6 colour out of my rod holder!! :confused:lol:ROFLMAO: My first rainbow trout that I caught by surprise,was flatlining with a deep diving crankbait with 200 feet of monofilament line out,over 63 fow.I was holding my fishing pole at the time which I prefer to do,to actually feel “the hit” from a fish,and WOW!! :eek:o_O did it ever hit that deep diving perch pattern bomber crank-bait!! o_OAfter at least a half a dozen leaps and some long runs,she was in my boat measuring 24 inches long & around 5 lbs.!! A beautiful looking trout,& did that fish ever make my morning o_Owith my adrenaline running high!! Thank goodness that my netting skills were there for me on that early morning yesterday!! lol:ROFLMAO: Just a question to anyone out there,has anyone caught a rainbow trout dropping out eggs in July before? :oops:This one did,(photo’s),and it was a total surprise to me!!:eek: My morning of fishing ended up with 2 walleye’s & 2 trout & a couple of good hits that I missed.I know that the port stanley area doesn’t produce as much fish such as the other port’s that I mentioned earlier in this post,but not to put the commercial fishermen down because they do have to make a living,but myself and other locals in port stanley feel that there are too many fishing nets off Port Stanley,which are likely “spooking” the fish from around that area.The fishing net’s are marked,but be very cautious when and if you are fishing off of Port Stanley.Sorry again for my long post.A “Thumb Up,” to all,and Be Safe & Tight Lines to everyone that is enjoying this great sport of fishing!!?????
Yes Rainbow will be ready almost like the Salmon this time of year . I remember one year a buddy and I were fishing the Blyth brook area for rookies and maybe rainbows , but to our surprise we hooked into a female salmon that was around 25 pounds and full of eggs , as we landed her her eggs were just pouring out . That was about July 15 or 16 . Up until that time I never knew that salmon were on the span at that time of year . I suspect that the Rainbow will do the same , although rarely

Great job.

Great job on the walleye and nice bows @Red Hering… is the smoker fired up yet? ? :D
Thanks for all the good photos too... that bow was telling you she likes you! :)

good job there Red Herring and great photos(thumbs up), suprised that the rainbow had loose eggs coming out of her this time of the year..was planning on going to burwell today but my truck was supposed to be fixed yesterday but due to a kerfuffle they ordered the wrong part so im stuck at home with no vehicle...guess ill do yard work and honey do list today,,,may go sunday but looks like it might be a busy day there,,tight lines and congrats on the fish..Pocono

Awesome, Gotta love those rainbows
Thanks & For Sure!! @fishin fool After catching the two rainbows,I had another massive hit,that almost “yanked” my fishing pole out of my arm while I was holding it,which I prefer to do,to actually feel “the hit,” which I feel that should be part of the sport of fishing.o_O (just my opinion). Tight lines & rainbows & walleye’s ON!!????:cool:

Attachments

• A63B525A-DAC9-458F-BFA0-3F63435976D8.jpeg
    A63B525A-DAC9-458F-BFA0-3F63435976D8.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • AF19E541-A5F7-4DC0-9A70-6E1467B3696A.jpeg
    AF19E541-A5F7-4DC0-9A70-6E1467B3696A.jpeg
    720 KB · Views: 5
  • 79702C8F-DF95-45D5-926B-BAEBF5169B17.jpeg
    79702C8F-DF95-45D5-926B-BAEBF5169B17.jpeg
    566.4 KB · Views: 5
Thanks & For Sure!! @fishin fool After catching the two rainbows,I had another massive hit,that almost “yanked” my fishing pole out of my arm while I was holding it,which I prefer to do,to actually feel “the hit,” which I feel that should be part of the sport of fishing.o_O (just my opinion). Tight lines & rainbows & walleye’s ON!!????:cool:
I like to feel the hit too but find it's really difficult holding 4 rods at the same time. ??

I like to feel the hit too but find it's really difficult holding 4 rods at the same time. ??
Mmmm,holding 4 rods at the same time would be hard to do,but aren’t holding 2 extra rods illegal :unsure: @Wave Runner even if it could be done?? lol ? One fishing rod I hold,and the other one is in a rod holder.;):giggle:??:cool:

Attachments

• B425E8D3-2607-4E0E-9B98-240B24A67448.jpeg
    B425E8D3-2607-4E0E-9B98-240B24A67448.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
good job there Red Herring and great photos(thumbs up), suprised that the rainbow had loose eggs coming out of her this time of the year..was planning on going to burwell today but my truck was supposed to be fixed yesterday but due to a kerfuffle they ordered the wrong part so im stuck at home with no vehicle...guess ill do yard work and honey do list today,,,may go sunday but looks like it might be a busy day there,,tight lines and congrats on the fish..Pocono
Thanks @poconokidII and sorry to read about your truck,and that’s not good,especially now you having to fish on a Sunday instead of today,where there would of been likely less anglers through the week,which I prefer to fish as well.Good luck if you do get a chance to get out fishing this sunday.????:cool:

Thought that was you I saw getting ready to launch. I was in the black and white pro line. We punched a quick three man ticket and a bonus bow. 60-65’ fish everywhere. 3-6 color lead and RRF did most the damage but divers also got a few with spoons.View attachment 15693
It would of been nice to chat with you for a few minutes @dews that morning,and actually to put a name to a face,but maybe some other time,& fishing first!! You and your 2 friends that you had along with you,had quite a productive morning by reading your post,and I was watching you guys for awhile and you were fishing as you said in the 60 to 65 feet of water,such as myself.See you again at the boat ramp one day or out on the lake & Tight lines to the rest of your fishing seasons & Fish ON!! ? ???:cool:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks