Fishing Report Port Ryerse went for rainbow ended up with this baby.

Back in the day, the first high school football game of the fall we'd skip it and go swing spinners through the pools in town. A big Nook was 15 pounds at best on average. They kept me busy during the week until dad and I headed down to some favourite water on Saturday and Sunday for Bows.

Back in the day, the first high school football game of the fall we'd skip it and go swing spinners through the pools in town. A big Nook was 15 pounds at best on average. They kept me busy during the week until dad and I headed down to some favourite water on Saturday and Sunday for Bows.
I wish I was that cool in high school.

Chinook? Sturgeon? Nessy?

Was there ever a time when catching chinook on Erie was a regular occurrence or have they always been scarce?

There has been a small number of chinooks run the north shore tributary streams over the last 20 years. I have caught a small number rigging in summer and very few in streams like young's creek. You need to target them by running riggers deep in the summer, at the ideal water temp of 54 degrees. They are not that plentiful. Coho's however, when US stocked were very abundant. Still some decent coho runs on the north shore as well. I don't believe the US side stocks coho's any longer. Rainbows they do however. I do wish the MNR would do some stocking on the local trib's.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks