Off Topic Port Glasgow Mess

GPS

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Well we’re one step closer to loosing a good thing.
This was today.

Attachments

• IMG_2542.jpeg
    IMG_2542.jpeg
    69.3 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_2546.jpeg
    IMG_2546.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_2543.jpeg
    IMG_2543.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_2548.jpeg
    IMG_2548.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_2541.jpeg
    IMG_2541.jpeg
    313.3 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_2541.jpeg
    IMG_2541.jpeg
    313.3 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_2550.jpeg
    IMG_2550.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_2549.jpeg
    IMG_2549.jpeg
    60.7 KB · Views: 312
I wish people would learn how to use the station or just take their fish elsewhere to clean them.

People are just brain dead. What pigs to just leave your carcasses there. We used it the one day and ended up taking the carcasses in the cooler back home with us.

Can anyone offer suggestions as to how to remedy this issue?

That’s what I used to do and am still setup for it. But I really enjoy the station.

Well we’re one step closer to loosing a good thing.
This was today.
That’s disgusting @GPS !! even though I have never used the Port Glasgow fish cleaning station,( I never fish at Port Glasgow), but I should,because the fishing has been phenomenal!! But I do agree with you,that unfortunately,we are one step closer to loosing a good thing!! 😒👎

That’s what I used to do and am still setup for it. But I really enjoy the station.
If people would learn how to operate the station that would go a long way. The original set off instructions aided in the trouble as it told you to clean all your fish first and them put them in and turn on the grinder. This station can't handle putting way too many carcasses in it at once. I have never plugged up this station and I clean 1 or maybe 2 fish and them grind them and always put them in headfirst and you can hear the grinder working. I am now thinking of putting my cutting board on the Legend and just cleaning my fish out on the lake.

Reactions: GPS
I hope they start banning people entirely. That is just disrespectful 😠

You will see a change there this week. Fewer fish at a time need to be fed in to let the grinder do it’s work

Camping and fishing Glasgow a couple weeks ago and every time we used the station we had to tell the other people there to turn on grinder before adding fish, 2 minutes later you have to tell them again, can’t fix stupid
Definitely not…
Common sense not so common.. un real
How do these people own a boat and fish Lake Erie and not turned up dead yet

I personally clean my fish out on the lake as well, and enjoy a slow ride in while cleaning. All good things come to an end, and with this happening every year because of a few lazy people, it is really a shame. Too bad there was not a way to identify the offenders and ban them from using the marina.

I personally clean my fish out on the lake as well, and enjoy a slow ride in while cleaning. All good things come to an end, and with this happening every year because of a few lazy people, it is really a shame. Too bad there was not a way to identify the offenders and ban them from using the marina.
If they install cameras they can easily identify..
could also rely on people to snitch on the offenders as people who treat the facility with respect won’t want to lose the cleaning station over a bunch of lazy assholes

one suggestion would be to put a summer student down there for a few days or a week to train/ educate people and just generally observe why people can’t figure it out, be cheaper in the end then keep sending people to clean up, another small suggestion, put a piece of plexiglass to split station so when your cleaning up you don’t splatter everybody else with your slime

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks