Fishing Report Port Glasgow Friday

poconokidII

Arrived at launch at 6am. Only a few boats at launch. Went to 60 fow(rough going out). Trolled against the waves and picked 2 pics and 3 bows went to 72 fow and turned around. As we turned and went with the waves my second mate was chummin the water(4-5 ft waves). Got dumped on by rain at 9am till 9:45. My first mate was chummin the water too at this time. Couldn’t resist a photo of the 2 lol. Ended up with 10 pics lost 2 at boat and 7 bows lost 2. Bite was very lite a lot of knock offs. Riggers at 45 blue/silver RRF, dipseys 140 #3 and 100 #1. Purple greasy chicken wing, blueberry muffin and antifreeze greasy chicken. Got to shore and used the new cleaning station. Everyone revived on shore lol.

Attachments

• 9335B873-3CAB-4791-AD77-52707EAACA5D.jpeg
    9335B873-3CAB-4791-AD77-52707EAACA5D.jpeg
    380 KB · Views: 158
  • F7E4D7CA-AA9C-4B46-BF95-F9D480331F28.jpeg
    F7E4D7CA-AA9C-4B46-BF95-F9D480331F28.jpeg
    281.2 KB · Views: 151
  • 45AA42A8-79C2-4B91-9118-D189AD961BC8.jpeg
    45AA42A8-79C2-4B91-9118-D189AD961BC8.jpeg
    317.8 KB · Views: 156
Arrived at launch at 6am. Only a few boats at launch. Went to 60 fow(rough going out). Trolled against the waves and picked 2 pics and 3 bows went to 72 fow and turned around. As we turned and went with the waves my second mate was chummin the water(4-5 ft waves). Got dumped on by rain at 9am till 9:45. My first mate was chummin the water too at this time. Couldn’t resist a photo of the 2 lol. Ended up with 10 pics lost 2 at boat and 7 bows lost 2. Bite was very lite a lot of knock offs. Riggers at 45 blue/silver RRF, dipseys 140 #3 and 100 #1. Purple greasy chicken wing, blueberry muffin and antifreeze greasy chicken. Got to shore and used the new cleaning station. Everyone revived on shore lol.
“Thumbs Up!! @poconokidII 👍👍🙂 and not bad fishing for the conditions you all were up against!! At least you didn’t have the bug’s like myself & others had out on lake erie last wednesday,august 4/21. Thanks for sharing your photo’s & tight lines!! Enjoy your walleye/rainbow trout fry 🐟🐟🐟😋👍🙂

He was doing both lol, he has been with me a lot of times and even in rough water never got green but today something triggered it,, he was good after he chummed the water, but the other guy was green the whole time, I kept asking him if he wanted to go but he held on for the duration, I give him credit.. He slept all the way home..lol

Great report. Question where did you get that walleye tshirt.Would like to get 1 Thanks. Love that fishing swag.

What’s the secret to not getting sea sick? Lol

I’m always standing and never get sea sick on my own boat..
but when I get onto someone else’s boat I tend to get the motion sickness

take gravel for sea sick use always carry it on my boat

I was wondering if it’s got something to do with me driving the boat vs sitting along for the ride

Derek9, I used to make wrist bands for my customers when Chartering. Just take some velcrow cut it into long strips and glue some plastic beads ( I used the eyes off of stuffed animal toys) and place the bead on the underside of your wrist and fasten fairly snug with the velcrow strap. It did work for most people on the boat that were prone to motion sickness but not all. PS: I do believe you can buy the wrist bands now at Shoppers Drugmart

Last edited:
I was out there Friday to. Was a little rough going out against the waves and kept an eye on the storm cell coming from the west. Arrived at he location where I wanted to set lines just as the rain began. Bow to the storm and with the hard top stayed dry. Felt sorry for anyone with out a Bimini top because they had to of got soaked. Don't think I ever seen it pour that hard while out on the lake. Any direction you looked it was a white wall of water. After the rain the sun tried to come out but the winds to picked up. Pulled lines at 12:30. Wave heights were getting more than 5 footers. Ended up a good day but never caught and released so many 12"ers at Glasgow. Heard the Mayday from the coast guard, a bit later the coast guard chopper come out over Glasgow and headed west. Was at the launch when the Hercules came flying by. Heard boat swamped and the outcome for the crew isn't good. 1 dead, one missing. So sad.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks