Port Dover pier June 01/011

packrat

No that is not a typo error

Two of us were down there from 4:00-7:30. Knew it was going to be rough but not THAT rough. Lake was really dirty and churned up, wind never let up the whole time except for a few minutes after 7 when it changed direction and picked up speed.

Lost my cap to the wind (managed to resuce it), partner was having equipment malfunctions--pickerel rigs tangling, broke the tip on his rod. Found out that retying braid line in near gale conditions is NOT a fun excercise.

Anyway we did get fish---TWO (yellow) perch---mine was bigger. Alex picked off a couple white perch and a couple sheepies as well.
Were a few more sheepies caught by a couple of other people late in the day just when you might have thougjht nothing was going to happen.

BTW not one of the locals was there---to which I might add: you should have been here-----:D

[img=left]http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/067096.gif[/img=left]

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks