Port Dover Perch

whitbytrader

Thinking of heading out to Port Dover tomorrow to try my luck off the pier. I have never been there before, is there parking at the pier or do I need to look elsewhere? Any word on the perch action and bait availability?

Thanks
Phil

Thinking of heading out to Port Dover tomorrow to try my luck off the pier. I have never been there before, is there parking at the pier or do I need to look elsewhere? Any word on the perch action and bait availability?

Thanks
Phil
Lots of parking in the area. The perch derby just started Saturday so there are a lot of people on the pier.

There is still room for more. Enjoy.

Going to be windy but i'll be there tomorrow.
We got lucky today we caught a 100 dollar tag, plus another guy near me caught a 100 dollar one.
When we left there today there has been 6 tags caught. 2 of them are $1000.00 ones.
Great derby, great to meet so many nice people on the pier. I have just as much fun talking to people as fishing.
I guess thats what its about, having fun. So many stories.
If your not doing this derby you're missing out. What's nice you don't need a boat.

Going to be windy but i'll be there tomorrow.
We got lucky today we caught a 100 dollar tag, plus another guy near me caught a 100 dollar one.
When we left there today there has been 6 tags caught. 2 of them are $1000.00 ones.
Great derby, great to meet so many nice people on the pier. I have just as much fun talking to people as fishing.
I guess thats what its about, having fun. So many stories.
If your not doing this derby you're missing out. What's nice you don't need a boat.
Thanks for the update may try to get a couple days fishing there
JJ

just wondering seen a guy with two poles on Saturday off of pier is this legal.

just wondering seen a guy with two poles on Saturday off of pier is this legal.

NO it is not. From shore, 1 line only, up to 4 hooks. From a boat in open water you may use 2 lines with up to 4 hooks each. (unless otherwise specified in the exceptions for the zone, ie Detroit and St. Claire River, and Inner Bay, where only 1 line is permitted)

ok thanks Trevor.

You're welcome. That question and topic comes up quite often, (and at times starts arguments) both in this forum, and while I've been sitting on the pier in Pt Bruce. (Still haven't made it out yet this year, was going to go today, but weather said strong 30 gusting 50 SW winds so I stayed home.) My wife is going out of town with her sister on Saturday so maybe I'll go then.

2 buddies and myself are having a great time we've caught 2 tags 1 $100.00 and 1 &1000.00
My buds went today , they just called and said 2 more gray tags were caught yesterday.
Total now is 9 as I.m posting
MCdHU54.jpg

iP7o8a1.jpg

9ECe6KM.jpg

With this weather Im sitting in the Hammer contemplating going today.
My buddies are telling me I'll be solo:eek::LOL:, bunch of whosies.:D
Good luck everyone, lets go get em.(y)

Was out yesterday for the whole day and man was it brutal with those little black bugs. Talked to one guy lives there and said he's never seen it that bad in all the years he lived in Dover. Good job I had my bug hood. Fishing was great for us on the pier ended the day with over 70 keepers between buddy and myself. Total tags caught now are 9
Fish and chips tonight.(y)(y)
I noticed that all the Perch I fileted were spawned out females.(y)
Anyone know of a good hotel or cheap cottage in Dover a few guys could stay for the night. Thinking next year staying in town for the derby.
t9h3OxT.jpg

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks