Port Dover Perch

Was out yesterday for the whole day and man was it brutal with those little black bugs. Talked to one guy lives there and said he's never seen it that bad in all the years he lived in Dover. Good job I had my bug hood. Fishing was great for us on the pier ended the day with over 70 keepers between buddy and myself. Total tags caught now are 9
Fish and chips tonight.(y)(y)
I noticed that all the Perch I fileted were spawned out females.(y)
Anyone know of a good hotel or cheap cottage in Dover a few guys could stay for the night. Thinking next year staying in town for the derby.
Nice catch, I tried at the end of the day ......... catfish enjoyed my minnows

Not sure about lodging in Dover; but if you need a freezer for your catch my sister Dina, lives in Dover and I'm sure she would/could accommodate you for that.

Dan.

Nice looking catch there Dave. Great feed for sure and I'm happy to here the females were spawned out. They will start getting more meat on their bones now.

Buddy caught about 30 nice Perch around 6 am then they shut down around 9 am.
Tagged Perch count now is 11 as of yesterday 1 more $1000.00 Perch.
We got there to late caught a few off the end of the pier.
My other buddy sat his rod down for a min. and WAM his rod launched off the pier, gone,
We cast for it an hour with no success whatever it was, wasn't a Perch.
Wonder if they'll allow a tent to be pitched on the pier next year:LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
My brother and I managed to take home about 25 last night in a couple hours, threw back twice as many dinks. Bugs are unbelievable out there.

Was in attendance for a "few" hours this morning----didn't like our minnows much---two in the bucket and one gimme. people around us were doing a whole lot better while the bite was on

We've been buying our minnows at Erie Bait on Front St. St Williams.
If your in Hamilton Bill's Bait on Upper James on the mountain has minnows.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks