Port Bruce today

That's surprising for you to have so many knockoffs without hooking up. How fast were you trolling? I don't remember ever having a knock off on Erie. Most of the time we have to manually release the riggers to check for fish.

That's surprising for you to have so many knockoffs without hooking up. How fast were you trolling? I don't remember ever having a knock off on Erie. Most of the time we have to manually release the riggers to check for fish.
That was the norm yesterday for us as well. They were hitting extremely light more so than I can ever remember. The day before they were inhaling our lures not so yesterday. It was an unusually weird experience so I know exactly where @fishin fool is coming from.

On the days they are hitting that light I continue to troll at 2.5-2.7 but I change my bigger spoons and RRF’s and put on 2” Michigan stinger spoons I’ve got several different colours that often seems to get more fish hooked
interesting I'll have to try the smaller spoons.. Ive used them randomly with no success on them but i never thought to try them when the bite is really light

interesting I'll have to try the smaller spoons.. Ive used them randomly with no success on them but i never thought to try them when the bite is really light
Ya when it’s game on it pointless to use it normally just means you hook smaller fish but if the bite is light or mid day slowdown I switch up a few rods to the smaller spoons

The only thing I've done on a really frustrating day is adding a stinger hook.

I find it works but the pre-made ones don't last very long.

I'll be tying up a few of my own during the off season, I still have a few store stingers left. 🌻

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks