Port Bruce Reports

fishin fool

We are going out of Port Bruce around 4 today ,it has been a while since I have been on the water and was wondering if anyone had any reports on the fishing to send us in the right direction , thank you

Was out last Friday between Stanley and Bruce lots of fish in 42-47 fow unless something has changed after the blow yesterday. Fish were close to bottom got them off the riggers 35-40 ft. down and #1 Dipsys with ring on 3 setting back 95-110 ft. We got a 3 man limit with 1 bow on SS mini spoons in greasy chicken, blueberry muffin, Nascar etc. as it didn't really matter they hit anything trolling 2.8-3 mph GPS. I was going this morning but my fishing partner cancelled at 5 am as he come down with something nasty and was too sick to go. Good luck you should do very well as it's going to be a nice day for fishing. :)

We are going out of Port Bruce around 4 today,it has been a while since I have been on the water and was wondering if anyone had any reports on the fishing to send us in the right direction , thank you
Definitely a lot of fish out there @fishin fool and you don’t need to go too far out to find them,between 42 to 50 fow worked well last friday especially west of port bruce and east of port stanley.I was going to go fishing solo this morning,but I decided to catch up on some yard work instead today.I will be going again soon enough & tight lines and save us some fish!! lol :ROFLMAO:;)?????

Last edited:
Never a problem us leaving some fish Red Hering, Can't remember the last time I got a limit .Untrue ,I did very well when Mick took me out ,he defiantly knows how to catch fish .But I certainly try to leave some for the next fisherperson

Never a problem us leaving some fish Red Hering, Can't remember the last time I got a limit .Untrue ,I did very well when Mick took me out ,he defiantly knows how to catch fish .But I certainly try to leave some for the next fisherperson
Just a joke @fishin fool about leaving us some fish. ;) There are sooo many walleye’s out there right now in Lake Erie,that I am experimenting with different tackle just to change things up a bit,and to see how the walleye’s react to my different tackle & technique on using it.I have never fished with @mick before,but we pm each other recently,and one day him and I will fish together. @mick knows his stuff on how to catch them out there on Lake Erie for he has fished that lake for many years,from west to east,and he has fishing tip’s as well to share with anyone.I just started fishing lake erie the past couple of years out of my boat,only because I try to concentrate more on Lake Huron for fishing out of my boat there,due to the variety of fish that are there on lake huron to catch,such as bass,walleye’s,lake trout,rainbow trout,coho & chinook salmon,etc. All the best this afternoon & tight lines & walleye’s & rainbows ON!!?????

Last edited:
I know it was a joke Red Hering . doesn't change the fact that I never catch a limit anyway ,but I will keep trying. Maybe today will be the day. Even if it is not ,it will be great to be on the water
For sure @fishin fool it’s always great to be on the water and I like your attitude fish or no fish.The walleye’s are out there & I have confidence in you catching either your limit or even close to it today which is just as good!! Recently,I have taken a young lad,(16 years old),that works with my wife at a garden centre,out around 3 times now,and he has never done great lakes trolling for lake erie walleye’s before,and he has caught a few walleye’s now,& needless to say,he is “hooked” on walleye fishing now!! He wants to catch a rainbow trout next after listening to my stories about how hard they hit,(especially holding the trolling rod in your hand-which I like to do),& how they fight & jump out of the water!! o_O Our daughter was another person recently that I finally took out from her busy schedule as a horticulturist last friday,august 16/19,and she ended up catching 5 walleye’s,(last 2 photo’s),that morning.It’s a great day for fishing today & walleye’s ON for you!! ? ????

Attachments

• 2A22E446-2DFE-4E21-937B-1F342B0F4539.jpeg
    2A22E446-2DFE-4E21-937B-1F342B0F4539.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 53
  • 144DB66E-B239-4E89-9825-C575171995E7.jpeg
    144DB66E-B239-4E89-9825-C575171995E7.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 53
  • CC8B900E-4559-4E68-9191-99AF6C929295.jpeg
    CC8B900E-4559-4E68-9191-99AF6C929295.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 55
  • 0FDC8AF3-054D-48CB-94F6-A1F47A0610C5.jpeg
    0FDC8AF3-054D-48CB-94F6-A1F47A0610C5.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 57
  • 3C9BD2E2-26F4-487D-A37A-3D2674F80431.jpeg
    3C9BD2E2-26F4-487D-A37A-3D2674F80431.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 58
?
That's just specific to you @red Hering… everyone else can post an unlimited number of photos ? ? :p
My very funny friend @stomp!! I think!!:unsure::cautious: lol :ROFLMAO: @stomp doesn’t mean that,(only 10 photo’s for me allowed to post at one time),because in the last photo @stomp (second from the left),has his arm around me & truly a great person/friend!! o_O :love:?:giggle:

Attachments

• 6695AA28-DE65-4944-A572-6D10E9AA1325.jpeg
    6695AA28-DE65-4944-A572-6D10E9AA1325.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
  • 6EEE7776-82F9-4BAE-B7CC-DA18A49DE653.jpeg
    6EEE7776-82F9-4BAE-B7CC-DA18A49DE653.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 36
  • 8CBC52DD-6450-4712-A2C4-892215BCDA6A.jpeg
    8CBC52DD-6450-4712-A2C4-892215BCDA6A.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
You
For sure @fishin fool it’s always great to be on the water and I like your attitude fish or no fish.The walleye’s are out there & I have confidence in you catching either your limit or even close to it today which is just as good!! Recently,I have taken a young lad,(16 years old),that works with my wife at a garden centre,out around 3 times now,and he has never done great lakes trolling for lake erie walleye’s before,and he has caught a few walleye’s now,& needless to say,he is “hooked” on walleye fishing now!! He wants to catch a rainbow trout next after listening to my stories about how hard they hit,(especially holding the trolling rod in your hand-which I like to do),& how they fight & jump out of the water!! o_O Our daughter was another person recently that I finally took out from her busy schedule as a horticulturist last friday,august 16/19,and she ended up catching 5 walleye’s,(last 2 photo’s),that morning.It’s a great day for fishing today & walleye’s ON for you!! ? ????
You were correct my son and I were out of Port Bruce last night and got our limit of 12 just under 3 hours, 54' 34' down

Good Job John on the father & son fishing success..and im sure you had fun..

just to refresh your great fishin ..heres a photo of you the day we were breaking in a new AC shiner..
ya that was a good day off stanley my friend..

stanley pickeral sept. 16th 005.JPG

We are going out of Port Bruce around 4 today ,it has been a while since I have been on the water and was wondering if anyone had any reports on the fishing to send us in the right direction , thank you
I was out of Bruce yesterday had a tough day of fishing. Definitely lots of fish on fish finder at 47'. I got fish from 20' down to 40' best spoon for me was blueberry muffin. Followed by blue and silver.
Good luck.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks