Fishing Report Port Bruce Aug.5

Heitman

I was able to get my wife's cousin out Friday for a couple hours and he caught a nice rainbow which was on his bucket list.
20230804_134827.jpg
Then I got them out yesterday and it was fast and furious in 52fow with a nascar body bait on 5 color leadcore.
Before I could get my 2nd line out we had a walleye on.
At the start I wasn't able to get 4 lines out, it was a lot of fun, pretty bumpy.
We caught 9 in the 2 hours that we were out.
The fish were bigger than they are used to catching in Horwood lake.

I was able to get my wife's cousin out Friday for a couple hours and he caught a nice rainbow which was on his bucket list.
View attachment 77853
Then I got them out yesterday and it was fast and furious in 52fow with a nascar body bait on 5 color leadcore.
Before I could get my 2nd line out we had a walleye on.
At the start I wasn't able to get 4 lines out, it was a lot of fun, pretty bumpy.
We caught 9 in the 2 hours that we were out.
The fish were bigger than they are used to catching in Horwood lake.
Congrats on your wifes cousin first rainbow @Heitman 👍 for it looks like a beauty!! 👍👍🙂

It was a good one, it didn't dance on top of the water but it put up a good fight.
It broke the swivel once it was in the net.
I'm changing all my swivels to the torpedo ones.
Torpedo swivels are the best
Their tournament series hooks are nice too
Just grabbed a couple packs for replacing some bent ones I noticed last outing
After losing a whole dipsy set and spoon due to I’m guessing a nicked line.. I will be re tying all my stuff at the end of this season.
And will re tie at the beginning of every season from now on

I’ve also been leaving my dipsys on the rods for convenience and wondering if I should be taking them off everytime

I start each season with 3 foam noodles of pre-tied leaders.

Replace as required

All rods re-tied each season with 10-15 ft stripped

All claps/swivels are torpedo

I have 3 types/sizes of hardened hooks for replacing bent/broken trebles

Noticed packing up my surprise spoon for 2023 needs its hook replaced (why the 2nd bow escaped)

Usually minimal tackle/gear issues 🌻

Is there any place close to Port Bruce that sells Torpedo products ? I am almost out and no one sells them near where I live .

Replace as required

Noticed packing up my surprise spoon for 2023 needs its hook replaced (why the 2nd bow escaped)

Please tell me more about your 2023 surprise spoon and I will tell you about mine 😊

Replace as required

Could you explain or show these 3 foam noodles? I think I know what you mean but 3 foam noodles is 9/12ft so I am curious how you store them?

Could you explain or show these 3 foam noodles? I think I know what you mean but 3 foam noodles is 9/12ft so I am curious how you store them?

I found out a few years back that one can cut pool noodles into any length desired and even slit them to use on sharp edges.

All kidding aside, about 18" segments, fit anywhere including The Boat's glove box and hold around 20 leaders each.

Poke closed clasp into the foam, wrap the leader, poke in the second clasp.

Simple and fast leader replacement.🌻

noodles.jpg

Last edited:
What size torpedo swivels do you guys recommend for Eerie?

Oh nice!
Kinda regretting putting back two random off brand spoons I had in my hands the other day.
Your wallet was likely getting a beating already @Derkd9 and a good move on your part on putting back those two random off brand spoons. 👍 Just saying my friend,for I know my addiction is….. NO!! Not drugs 🚬 or booze 🥃 🍺,but an addiction for buying more lure’s,every time I step in one of those tackle places!! 😱 lol 😆 😉👍🙂

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks