Fishing Report Port Bruce Afternoon Smackdown (TM), Aug 28

vmuravin

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
So, on the 91st minute me and another gentlemen, following another review of the weather forecast and the poll commissioned by @stomp :) , we have decided to head out to Port Bruce since Bruce/Burwell part of the lake forecasted to be reasonable. I hate the Burwell ramp so we went to Bruce. No line-up but a long ride out... Port Glasgow easily takes "The best boat launch on Lake Erie" award. We finally met a very nice couple I guess owners of the marina whom I spoke a few times on the phone.

To our business: we met some dude at the ramp who said his best bites were in 56-58 fow. Stupid me, we went straight to 58 fow and got nothing for 20 minutes. Then a small walleye and a rainbow (the only rainbow of today). Then we went out as much as we could, and stayed within 61-62 fow contour. And the trip was worth it. I think we wetted lines 3:30 - 4:00 pm.

The lake settled to <1ft waves later in the evening with a beautiful sunset and we got 12 largest taken home + 1 rainbow on approximately 25-30 strikes. By the standards of the last few trips this was a slow day. The peak of the day was a few drums who kept us busy. Did not weight it but I think we are pushing into 10lb, was pulling it like salmon.

Happy never-ending season and tight lines!!!

1630212721479.png1630212730991.png
1630214240490.png

Last edited:
So, on the 91st minute me and another gentlemen, following another review of the weather forecast and the poll commissioned by @stomp :) , we have decided to head out to Port Bruce since Bruce/Burwell part of the lake forecasted to be reasonable. I hate the Burwell ramp so we went to Bruce. No line-up but a long ride out... Port Glasgow easily takes "The best boat launch on Lake Erie" award. We finally met a very nice couple I guess owners of the marina whom I spoke a few times on the phone.

To our business: we met some dude at the ramp who said his best bites were in 56-58 fow. Stupid me, we went straight to 58 fow and got nothing for 20 minutes. Then a small walleye and a rainbow (the only rainbow of today). Then we went out as much as we could, and stayed within 61-62 fow contour. And the trip was worth it. I think we wetted lines 3:30 - 4:00 pm.

The lake settled to <1ft waves later in the evening with a beautiful sunset and we got 12 largest taken home + 1 rainbow on approximately 25-30 strikes. By the standards of the last few trips this was a slow day. The peak of the day was a few drums who kept us busy. Did not weight it but I think we are pushing into 10lb, was pulling it like salmon.

Happy never-ending season and tight lines!!!

View attachment 48899View attachment 48900
View attachment 48903
Beautiful walleye’s @vmuravin 👍👍 and the lake conditions in your photo’s looked perfect to enjoy a few hour’s of fishing. Tight lines and walleye’s & rainbow’s ON!! 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Well, I woke up in the morning feeling very iffy about the weather. At 2 pm, one nice gentleman came to pick up his share of these sexy, magnificent, fabulous, amazing, beautiful spoons (group order)... (@Ticker I am sorry had to tag you 😉) and throughout the conversation we looked at the radar and said "let's do it man". So, thank you to Lake Erie for hosting us for the evening 🤪👍

Attachments

• 20210825_223439.jpg
    20210825_223439.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 55
Unfortunately, this information is confidential but I can say that he has been smacking it as well. What's with that comment @Derkd9 ? Do you guys have some bad blood between the two of you?

Unfortunately, this information is confidential but I can say that he has been smacking it as well. What's with that comment @Derkd9 ? Do you guys have some bad blood between the two of you?
No no bad blood at all
Just haven’t heard much from him lately is all.

The up to no good comment was a joke about buying more tackle 🤣

@Derkd9 my 2 rubles... I think you should be careful with some comments (we all should be) because they sound bad or at the very least, weird, in the non-real world. I met Ticker a few times and talked to him on the phone as well. One of the nicest guys I met and he helped me with advice too.

@Derkd9 my 2 rubles... I think you should be careful with some comments (we all should be) because they sound bad or at the very least, weird, in the non-real world. I met Ticker a few times and talked to him on the phone as well. One of the nicest guys I met and he helped me with advice too.
You likely missed the multiple threads in the past couple months where we all joke about how much tackle we buy..
But that’s okay you take my posts however you like

You likely missed the multiple threads in the past couple months where we all joke about how much tackle we buy..
But that’s okay you take my posts however you like
Ah... Well, with all my Smackdowns and work I don't follow many of the posts here. I was just curious about the context of your comment, that's all.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks