Fishing Report Port Bolster - Lake Simcoe

Fishermanpaul

Lots of ice on simcoe in Port Bolster, ton of machines on the ice.. I would say it was about 8 inches.

Started off really slow for us, we made a move to a different area and then started finding them. Ended up with a few keepers, threw back probably another 30-40 dinks and got one decent pike.

Most interesting part of the whole day was probably the plane that landed and had mechanical issues. They ended up towing the plane to the shore… I’m assuming to fix because good luck towing that thing home 😂

Attachments

• A3B7927F-BFFE-4FBE-A389-B128FA845BB2.jpeg
    A3B7927F-BFFE-4FBE-A389-B128FA845BB2.jpeg
    311.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_5399.MOV
    2.9 MB
Lots of ice on simcoe in Port Bolster, ton of machines on the ice.. I would say it was about 8 inches.

Started off really slow for us, we made a move to a different area and then started finding them. Ended up with a few keepers, threw back probably another 30-40 dinks and got one decent pike.

Most interesting part of the whole day was probably the plane that landed and had mechanical issues. They ended up towing the plane to the shore… I’m assuming to fix because good luck towing that thing home 😂
Good fishing to you both @Fishermanpaul 👍👍 Was this a day trip? If so,it makes a long day of driving and ice fishing,for I and another 68 member did that drive,( from London ), to Port Bolster,( a few year’s back),and rented an ice hut that day from Casey’s Ice Huts rental. Taz,the owner there back then,and still maybe now,has a great Ice Hut rental business,with breakfast to start the day,and a ride there and back,( ATV with a sled ),to the ice hut rental. We didn’t catch many perch on that day,but it was definitely a great time all around of ice fishing 🎣,etc. Enjoy your pike & perch fry. 🐟🐟😋 👍🙂

Good fishing to you both @Fishermanpaul 👍👍 Was this a day trip? If so,it makes a long day of driving and ice fishing,for I and another 68 member did that drive,( from London ), to Port Bolster,( a few year’s back),and rented an ice hut that day from Casey’s Ice Huts rental. Taz,the owner there back then,and still maybe now,has a great Ice Hut rental business,with breakfast to start the day,and a ride there and back,( ATV with a sled ),to the ice hut rental. We didn’t catch many perch on that day,but it was definitely a great time all around of ice fishing 🎣,etc. Enjoy your pike & perch fry. 🐟🐟😋 👍🙂
Yeah we went up Sunday morning at 4 am, got there around sunrise, parked at caseys and then walked out. We didn't have a crazy amount of action either but still nice to get out on the ice and the weather was amazing yesterday.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks