Pittock or Wildwood Lake.

scuba2000

Having a family get together in july and was thinking of going to Pittock or wildwood lake.Will be doing some fishing and tubeing,has anybody have any info either on Pittock or Wildwood.Looking for the safest place for boating will have small kids with us.I know this is not all about fishing but somebody must use these areas.Thanks any info would be a great help.

Wildwood for sure. It will be busier than Pittock, but much more boat friendly. Never fished Wildwood, so not sure on that. Pittock has issues with bacteria, sometimes(later in the season) they post signs saying water is not safe for swimming. Pittock also has a no wake zone pretty much right in the middle of it (the "good" spot to tube), for the yacht club they have there.

Bogz

pittock to small wildwood great for sking boarding tubing i go mon thru fri weekends a zoo fishing sucks anytime

johnnyo

scuba2000,Wildwood would be my favourite Lake,but I personelly avoid it after the Kids get out of School,because most people are then starting their Holidays,and therefore the Lake does become busier,and the line-ups at the Boat Ramp longer.Get at the ramp early if possible,if you are planning this family get together on the weekend.I used to run a C.A.W.(Canadian Auto Workers Loacl 27)Pike Tournament before retirement on that Lake for a few year`s,and a lot of the 2 man Teams that fished it,(about 15 Teams) had no problem putting Pike in the Boat.The kids would likely enjoy the Perch & the Catfish fishing,I know that my daughter enjoyed that most when she was small.There are also some good size Small or Largemouth Bass worth targeting.The Lake is Patrolled by the UTRCA,so that the Lake can be enjoyed Safely by all.Study the rules of the Lake,such as NO Wake Zones,they will fine you ,if going too Fast,in these Zones.Enjoy the Lake,and Boat Safe.8D

RED FISH

Friend of mine who camps at Pittock said it was closed off to boating due to low water levels.

Kirk

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks