Fishing Report Pittock lake Woodstock

whitbytrader

Looking to take my grandkids to either Pittock lake in Woodstock or Wildwood near St. Marys. I fished Pittock below the dam once and found all the fish to be heavily infected with worms. Are the fish above the dam as infected? Would you recommend Wildwood over Pittock? We will be fishing form my boat.

Wildwood was a spectacular fishery 30yrs ago, it sucks now tho. It suffers from rampant overharvest. Pittock was never great. I haven't fished the lake in years myself, not worth my time. Not sure what species your after? Some are more susceptible to parasites than others.

Josh

For Pittock this time of year you'd be best flipping into the back of the thick stuff for largies (but not sure the grandkids would be up for that), try past the train bridge for open water fishing for pike and largies and perhaps the smallies still might be up in the deeper stuff.

Wildwood has always been a tough summer fishery. Personally if someone forced me to go there today I'd be throwing lipless crankbaits on the dropoffs back a bit from shore.

don't forget that Wildwood was emptied a few years ago..... not sure what they did with the fish that were there. maybe a decade ago. really looked weird driving by when it was empty. trolling in 5-10 FOW up and down the shore line upstream fro the dam should produce some results.

Years ago we anchored in the small bays and dropped a minnow under a float. Scored a few bass. Maybe even with worms, you may pick up catfish or carp. Not as good as it used to be.

don't forget that Wildwood was emptied a few years ago..... not sure what they did with the fish that were there. maybe a decade ago. really looked weird driving by when it was empty. trolling in 5-10 FOW up and down the shore line upstream fro the dam should produce some results.
They draw it down every winter and they did draw it down to work on the dam several years ago. It was never completely drained tho, theres still plenty of water near the dam for the fish.

Josh

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks