pike

spikeman

can anyone tell me what the fishing is like in the innerbay in late april (perch or pike) im planning a trip down for turkey opener and might bring my boat. i us to live down that way now i,m 10 hrs north
thax

There are definitely plenty of pike in the Inner Bay in April. There are two problems. 1. The water in the Inner Bay is usually pretty dirty in April and Pike are sight feeders. 2. The water is cold and the pike are not very active, therefore will not often chase many of the lures they do see. The most productive way I have found to catch them in April is to bait fish for them in boat channels. A larger minnow, dead or alive works. Pike use these channels to access spawning areas in March and often stay because the water warms faster. Use a quick-strike rig so you can release the pike you don't want to keep. Look up on Internet. April 2012 may be a little different because of the winter we have had. If the water clears earlier than normal, switch to lures and cover more area.

thax duck soup & walleye for reply ,heading down from kapuskasing to do some turkey hunting thinking of bringing the boat sence we still might have ice on lakes

i dont think you can stay out of the beer long enough to turkey hunt. they are usually back in the trees by time you get up' oh my head ha ha and as for ice, none here. make sure you look me up mike

Excellent Article/Information Duck Soup.I am looking forward to a brand new Boating Season,and early season Pike Fishing is a good way to start.Everything so far is looking up to being an earlier season then from the past year`s.Good Luck to everyone during the Soft Water Season.8D

RED FISH

hi ken i will be in touch when i,m down i think it will be the last week in april have to check when turkey opens i.m going to call lisa today to see if cabin is available i,m bringing the boat so we,ll get out fishing would be nice to get some perch for a fry ,need a change from pickerel we catch perch up here but don,t keep them they don,t taste the say as lake erie perch maybe the pike will be on the bite owe ya i,ll bring some moose

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks