Pike Sept 23

spilliard1

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
We got out to Bluffs today around 2 and fished til 6:30. We went 9/13 on pike and I lost a big pickerel right at that boat. We caught our fish half and half casting and trolling. Water was down to 63F. Here are our two biggest.
35"

37"

Another pic of the 37"

Excellent looking weather & water condition spilliard1,and of course the Pike`s also.I always Love reading your Report`s,and wish that I was a bit closer to that awesome Fishing that the Bay has to Offer.I am planning on Angling the Bay likely this week,once I get another Steelhead or Salmon Fix on the Maitland Rivermouth. LIFE`S SHORT FISH HARD! ;)

Thanks guys! You got time red hering, the pike season is just getting under way. I'll keep posting if I get out more. It's always nice to know the fish are biting recently before making a long trip!!

Nice fish Spilliard1!! Weather permitting I'll be trying for pike and largies this wkend. Hopefully get a few more trips to the bay before the boat goes in storage. Great report

Great Report! I think I am going to head to bluffs and try my luck for the first time if the weather hold for Friday. Is everyone using body baits and Spinner Baits out there?

Thanks again spilliard1,I am just waiting for a phone call from Marina Shores to pick up a Boat part,so that I can pick it up,& of course Fish the Bay afterwards,while down at Long Point Bay.Good Luck the rest of the Fall Season.

Back