Pike minnows

Muskrat

Does anyone know where I could purchase large minnows for pike fishing? Heading to LPB later this week from London to try my luck. Thanks

Does anyone know where I could purchase large minnows for pike fishing? Heading to LPB later this week from London to try my luck. Thanks
As of today collins minnows are about 1 inch big. First time I’ve seen them that size from them this season

Have you checked the local market for some frozen herring or smelt? Both have put tons of pike on the ice when fished on a quick strike rig.

I have always had better luck using dead bait for pike and switch to live bait during the warm months.

As of today collins minnows are about 1 inch big. First time I’ve seen them that size from them this season
I Totally agree @Skunked79 lots of 1 inch minnow’s today,but I also had some around 2 to 3 inch minnow’s in the $8.00 scoop as well,and a nice mix of different size minnow’s I thought. Unfortunately,the pike & the bigger perch didn’t come around today off @Collins Harbour for me,like back on Tuesday,February 15/22,when I was using some of the bigger minnow’s then as well. 🎣🐟👍🙂

Attachments

• 264D0C4C-FBAD-43CC-BFEB-750E42C923C9.jpeg
    264D0C4C-FBAD-43CC-BFEB-750E42C923C9.jpeg
    370.8 KB · Views: 7
I Totally agree @Skunked79 lots of 1 inch minnow’s today,but I also had some around 2 to 3 inch minnow’s in the $8.00 scoop as well,and a nice mix of different size minnow’s I thought. Unfortunately,the pike & the bigger perch didn’t come around today off @Collins Harbour for me,like back on Tuesday,February 15/22,when I was using some of the bigger minnow’s then as well. 🎣🐟👍🙂
I didn’t get that lucky. But my bad start worked out good. Was re adjusting my hut before noon and moved everything together in my hut. I lost hold of a strap and the hut collapsed in the wicked wind we had. Once I got back in I saw my minnow bucket flipped over as well as the bucket of keepers with water in the bucket. They both were all gone down my holes. My rods and sunglasses were laying over the holes. But using slab grabbers I managed to get lots of fish and 17 keepers. Biggest was 13 3/4.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks