Perching with free bait

ceo_at_marina

A gentleman fishing out of our marina for over 30 years has never has spent a dime on bait. He catches goby (go-bee) fish, splits them then catches his limit most every time! He can't believe how much money he saves:)
The gentleman described his experiences at Rouse Marina in Port Bruce like this..."The $10.00 ramp fee provides the best and safest ramp in Port Bruce where there is ample room to park our vehicle and prepare our boat for in and out launch AND we can see our boat at the ramp from where our vehicle is parked. This is an experience in relaxation and freedom of boat launching without being in cramped quarters. It's peaceful, relaxing and safe. After a hot day on the water, we come back to shore under a canopy of shade, our vehicle isn't a hothouse inside and we experience the ultimate most full- filling level of enjoyment from start to finish complete with convenient public washrooms AND never spend a dime on bait."
At rouse marina we understand your love of fishing and look forward to serving you The Best Experience to go fish:) -Kev

yes it is illegal to use invasive species as bait it won't save him a penny if he get's caught the fines will be way more than he has ever saved by not buying minnows

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove,X-zone Lures, IMA Lures and Numa Optics for their support

WOW WHAT A SALES PITCH! Is this marina under new management???????My experience was somewhat less relaxing years ago. I've caught perch with half digested gobbies in them but that doesn't mean to go out and use them because YES it is illegal. If you can afford to get down there, I'm sure you can afford a few more dollars for LEGAL bait.

quote:
Originally posted by ceo_at_marina

At rouse marina we understand your love of fishing and look forward to serving you The Best Experience to go fish:) -Kev

Does the CEO at Rouse Marina also understand that the other Port Bruce marinas pay to sponsor this site and are welcome to promote their businesses in this forum?:D

Cant leave this one alone. Rouse couldn't pay me to use his ramp and deal with his "piss poor attitude" To be honest i dont know anyone who wants to launch there. I have had my share of issues with him, forcing me to leave my $500 dock fee behind in early july. Everyone do yourself a favor and launch at North erie. You can always crack your windows if your truck is alittle warm when you come back. I cant believe this guy!

You have got to be joking! Good one! That's my laugh of the day!Didn't the OPP just have to come see you down near the "other" marina?

You are probably a "troll" anyways!

" Never mind if the horses are blind, just load the damn wagon"

It is posts like this that help me decide who I will patronize. I may be new to this forum but I would expect business owners to respect the users. I would hope businesses would pay to advertise, not spam. I don't think I'll try Rouse Marine.

Steve

LOL! Either Mr. CEO is just stirring it up or that sales pitch just hit the fan and blew right back at him.

Ya I don't think he'll see any increase in business out of that sales pitch:D talk about a load of bull****

Hi all.
As they say in the entertainment business. " bad press is better then no press".

At least this guy is overt and we all know what he is doing.

Go to the Quinte forum and see the subtle nuances of sublime self promotion.

This Forum is the best. People helping people catch fish.

Thanks Stomp.

LMAO!!!! I could tell you all about my last experience launching from Rouse but I think the writing is already on the wall, or board in this case. What a joke....Don't waste your time go and visit Greg and Sam. Legal bait for sale right at the ramp, friendly and helpful launching service both in and out, the latest tips as to where to find the hotspots, fuel available right at the launch, etc. etc.

When a business is promoting a method of fishing that is clearley illegal and then posts about saving a couple of bucks in the process... what else did this business cut corners at? Gas storage? Launch approach? Never lauched from there... don't think I ever will. Personally can't support a business that promotes illegal fishing practices.

Just would like to say that Greg and Sam at North Erie have all of the business in Port Bruce due to service and the politeness that Greg and Sam show everyone......this is just a simple "see if i can drum up some business" type post...but as all the anglers on here know that bragging about using illegal bait is not going to sit well with a lot of us....so in short Mr.CEO I would think that you just lost more business and the chance at anyone that reads anything on this forum.

quote:
Originally posted by Walleye

This Forum is the best. People helping people catch fish.

Thanks Stomp.

I would love to take the credit for the forum, but the quality here is all about the folks who take time to post. We've got some really great contributors. As I can't get out as often as I used to, I really appreciate it when others take the time to share their trips and/or opinions (even when their opinions are controversial:p) .

Maybe your not aware but there is a new marina here for only 3 months last year, and only open this year, so please dont put us all down we never had a complant yet,and people come back time and time again,so dont knock us till you try us.Its taken years of polical rangling when you have to deal with goverment,we catch all own minnows and work just as hard to provide good service and like to help out anyways were we can in our community.Who no s you might need a toe someday to,helping each out is the name of the game and have fun

Thanks Brian

Just would like to say that Greg and Sam at North Erie have all of the business in Port Bruce due to service and the politeness that Greg and Sam show everyone......this is just a simple "see if i can drum up some business" type post...but as all the anglers on here know that bragging about using illegal bait is not going to sit well with a lot of us....so in short Mr.CEO I would think that you just lost more business and the chance at anyone that reads anything on this forum.

Great Idea! I am going to start keeping all the gobies from now on and reuse them! Thanks for the tip!

Stomp, don't be so modest. There are many great forums out there as well as here on the west coast and lets face it, they are only as good as the administrators and moderators allow them to be through their governance. As a direct result of your efforts and diligence, channel 6-8 has set the bar for all other forums to attempt to match...and good luck to them. 6-8 not only has the finest of governers and members, it is a "family"! This is strictly my own opinion and I'm sure many members will agree.
Thank you stomp for the privilege of membership!

cheers!
Mike

quote:
Originally posted by Jwalsh

Great Idea! I am going to start keeping all the gobies from now on and reuse them! Thanks for the tip!

yeah but if everybody starts to do that pretty soon wont be any gobies left:p

wait a minute whats wrong with that:D

[img=left]http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/067096.gif[/img=left]

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks