Perching this week

I"d like to think that everyone who post on these sites are knowledgeable of the regulations for where they are fishing and would not do anything illegal.I don't think poachers would have the b***s to post on here to brag of there ill gotten booty. If they do,man are they dumb as big brother is watching every where, probably using sat imagery to see in our boats. Any way for those that are fortunate to be in the zone, keep posting because I enjoy reading them. Keep up the good post channel 6-8 members, and may we have another bountiful year y'all

Quinner I'm sick of reading your 2 cents! That's all it's worth so keep it to yourself. You need to get a life and shut your mouth! Go find a new boyfriend or something

quote:
Originally posted by Pikefishinfever

CO's do read this site.

That was my only CONCERN for any/all members that may not have known.

Done now............sorry again, take it or leave it.

it's common on fishing forums for people to be labelled poachers by other forum members whom have never even met the original poster and have no clue if any laws were broken or not. then, other people get the same idea in their head without knowing the facts and before you know it you have forum members attacking someone that did nothing wrong. this often results in great forum members not sharing their reports and tips for getting on the fish as they figure it'll just be met with even more negativity.

Envy came on here and posted a report that included some excellent fishing which should have been met with nothing but positive replies. but, i guess it's hard for some people to read about someones success without raining on their parade.

Wow I havent heard so much whining over a guy stating the obvious. People monitor these sites and try to catch people breaking the law. Plain and simple.
All the guy was trying to say is watch what you put on the board. Not calling anyone a poacher.
I sure he reads these post like most of us and wish we were the ones limiting out.
Nice job Envy. If I knew what your boat looked like I would be right beside you getting whatever didn't bite your bait. LOL

i myself have no isue with anybody limit out 4 times a week.if your just shareing your sucsess with your family and friends enjoy your eats.if your not selling or wasting fish enjoy. i dont think anybody will mind that at all. keep haveing fun dont woory be happy and keep posting i will. after what we saw on sunday the futre is good for perch we throue back as many as we kept and was our limit.:p:p:p

glenn

Well I'm new to this site, and already seeing drama. Hey I'm all for fishing as much as possible, but you got to know your limits, its law for a reason. And if you have no regards for the law, and want to poach or feel centered out, that's guilt, and maybe you should have just posted a good day on the lake and not your limits. I will be honest, I snooped and when people post catching close to a 1000 perch this year? So far? Wow!! Good for you, but that's alot of fish even for family and friends,and correct me if im wrong, and I could be, but even to have caught fish in your possession, you have to hold a fishing Permit? Don't you? Anyway, im sure I'll hear plenty of crap about what I wrote, but bottom line is, we have laws for a reason. They give out free regulations updated every year! So I guess you want to classify me The Goby Hunter as an arm chair C O , that's fine with me!!! Thank you to the others on hear as well that also said something, as someone should have. Have a wonderful day!!

quote:
Originally posted by Caseys Dream

Wow....winter came early this year.

not really. more like a rant that people clearly misunderstood. :D i was gonna stay away, but wanted to explain where the armchair CO comment came from.

on the various hunting and fishing forums that i visit i`ve seen at least a dozen great members simply stop posting about their success because of replies like those that were aimed at envy. not only does this make the OP feel guilty about posting a success story in many cases and drives them away, it hurts the community as a whole.

people posting reports shouldn`t feel obligated to post how many people were in the boat, how many fish they have in the freezer, or how many licenses are in the household to satisfy other forum members. hence the armchair CO comment.

you all know the CO`s read this site, let them do their jobs;)

great report! good to see perch are in bruce, cant wait to get there!! I gotta be honest though I too thought of the regs when I read your double limit,not judging just understand peoples concerns for your well being. Anyway, just a question. when you freeze the fillets do they need to have skin on them when in your freezer? I always do when travelling. I freeze my perch whole until I am ready for a dinner

Endeavour to Persevere

i'm pretty sure that you will need to leave a piece of the skin on and still should be able to count the fillets the same as any othergame fish

John R

Hey TMAN ..................I always freeze mine with the skin on because I scale them , I think they taste better with the skin on , some people say I'm nuts there is no different taste with skin on or off , but I disagree ! This is a way better topic then some1 assumming some1 else might have more fish in there freezer than they are suppose to !............................apps

TMAN,

I always leave the skin on for the sake of ID.

I freeze all my perch as a fillet (scaled), and if you prefer to eat your perch without the skin as I do,this how I skin a frozen fillet.

1st, keep fillet frozen until you are ready to skin.

2nd, run cold water over frozen fillet (skin side up) until all signs of frost on the skin is gone. This will take only a few seconds and the fillet will remain frozen.

3rd,starting at the head of the fillet grab a piece of the skin and start pulling back towards the tail. Use the running water as needed to defrost the skin as you go.
The whole process should take less than 30 seconds per fillet.

Hope this helps.

Leep
On board the "Soggy Sandwich"

quote:
Originally posted by Envy1

Ch312, I sent you a PM a couple days ago.....

i didn't get it. try emailing me

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks