Perching this week

Envious Sportfishing

Site Sponsor
What a week! Took my better half out on the water on Wed for some perch action in Port Bruce. We had somewhat of a late start but we were on the water by 9:30. Looked around a bit to find them, but we did. Left the water by 12:30 with 100 of Bruce's finest which made 12.5lbs of fillets. What would the odds be we could do it two days in a row....
Headed out again on Thurs with Pinstriper and my Uncle hoping to have a repeat of Wed. We were on the water a lot earlier (first light) but the perch were where we left them. One problem, so were the gobies. We ended up running out of bait but still managed 130 keepers, 18lbs of fillets. Awesome couple of days both with weather and fish. It can only get better......

good stuff

were you in that pack just east of the pier Thursday???

[img=left]http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/067096.gif[/img=left]

quote:
Originally posted by Envy1

Ya, they were getting them off the pier. I don't know what kind of numbers they were getting though.....

read post for may 24th--heard one couple say they had 85. saw some other good catches go out of there as well

Nice fishing Envy!!!
My concern with alot of the posts on here is only this.......
be carefull with the reports of limits and then going out for more, 50/person is all you're aloud, not 50 each time out. Just sayin'

Bogz

I also wonder about people not knowing that limits applies to their freezer, not just their daily count. To be honest I personally could care less if an Erie pier fisherman has a few hundred Perch in his freezer as the dent made by sport anglers is not even a factor in the overall health of that lakes Perch population. I'd think it's probably not advisable, however, to make daily reports of limiting out however, not that I've noticed anyone in particular doing so on the sites I visit........

Josh

I'd like to thank Wojo - my hero......

To ease everyone's concern, I only have in my posession what I am legally allowed to have. I have some happy friends and neighbours because of the good. Luck we've had this year. Guess from now on I'll keep the sucess stories to a minimal. Hate to worry everyone....

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Roelofsen

I also wonder about people not knowing that limits applies to their freezer, not just their daily count. To be honest I personally could care less if an Erie pier fisherman has a few hundred Perch in his freezer as the dent made by sport anglers is not even a factor in the overall health of that lakes Perch population. I'd think it's probably not advisable, however, to make daily reports of limiting out however, not that I've noticed anyone in particular doing so on the sites I visit........

Josh

I'd like to thank Wojo - my hero......

Smart Ass!!!!!8D

quote:
Originally posted by short pole

I think you should read the regs. 50 and 100 is an old reg. Today it is 50 per day 50 total posession.

give that man a cigar----got it right the first time:D

quote:

I guess I needed to be more specific, I have two licenses in the household. Hope everyone can sleep better now.....

like a baby:D

quote:
Originally posted by Pikefishinfever

Nice fishing Envy!!!
My concern with alot of the posts on here is only this.......
be carefull with the reports of limits and then going out for more, 50/person is all you're aloud, not 50 each time out. Just sayin'

Bogz

About time someone brought this up! Not that it will stop some people, but the CO's do read this site.

005.jpg

OOPS, didn't mean to offend you Envy (or anyone else for that matter). I was just saying that you could report a good day/week/month/year of fishing, which is the whole point of this forum without potentially tipping off the wrong person/people that you may have taken more than you are alotted, whatever that maybe based on # of licences or giving some away or whatever.

Again, sorry to all I offended.

Bogz

quote:

To ease everyone's concern, I only have in my posession what I am legally allowed to have. I have some happy friends and neighbours because of the good. Luck we've had this year. Guess from now on I'll keep the sucess stories to a minimal. Hate to worry everyone....

well, it looks like we're losing reports from yet another member thanks to a couple armchair conservation officers. congrats guys, keep up the good work. it won't be long before everyone gives up posting reports all together[V][:eek:)]

CO's do read this site.

That was my only CONCERN for any/all members that may not have known.

Done now............sorry again, take it or leave it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks