Perching at the bay

LuvPerch: It looks like pike are moving into the shallows in numbers trying to fatten up before winter gets here. It might be why perch are just hanging out and being so tight-lipped - survival instinct. A few test casts might be in order the next time your out trying to cull the perch herd☺️👍.

LuvPerch: It looks like pike are moving into the shallows in numbers trying to fatten up before winter gets here. It might be why perch are just hanging out and being so tight-lipped - survival instinct. A few test casts might be in order the next time your out trying to cull the perch herd
No doubt. I recall last year this time, they were chasing the perch up. I recall catching 7 pikes on the one day and the Perch was plentiful :) We'll give it one more time this Sunday :) hopefully.

Last edited:
Good luck LuvPerch. I haven't started my personal participation in the inner bay perch cull yet. I try to save that for when the wind turns persistently out of the north. Depending on who you get your forecasts from, that may allow me to chase larger, albeit less tasty, prey further out. I think last year, I might have been the last person who bought minnows at Erie Bait and Tackle before "hard water season" began. I will get to those perch eventually. There isn't much of anything that can compare to a nice feed of those tasty little fellas. Again, best of luck.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks