Fishing Report Perching (again) Oct 18/023

packrat

just couldnt let today go down without getting out again-----as close to perfect as you could hope for-----overcast , cool ,light breeze and the fish were there and hungry. started off a little slow but things got going after not too long. fella beside me made a generous donation of a couple nice size fish said he took 15 yesterday. left after awhile and it was just me until later when the carp guys showed up but they didnt bother me. bite was steady right up til i had gone thru all but 4-5 of 2 doz minnows----bucket by this time was looking impressive with a mix of sizes including a few jumbos. slowed down and they seemed to have moved out but by this time i was done anyway (turned out it was just after 12) did the count when i got home -----20 of them made the trip back with me and that made up for all the times i hadn't or couldn't get out on my own.....doesnt get any better then that😃😃😃

Glad to see you made it out again Gord and even happier to see you went home with a bunch. :)

Friend of mine who went out on a charter with me a couple times this year messaged me yesterday and today trying hard to entice me to come out of hibernation with a couple pictures of a couple of REALLY nice walleye he nailed off the pier in Pt Bruce. One yesterday and one today, says there have been 4 caught in the last week or so. Still not enough to get me to go though, especially when the seafood section of the freezer looks like this still from earlier this year.

Attachments

• Seafood section of the freezer when I called it a season 2023.jpg
    Seafood section of the freezer when I called it a season 2023.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 68
Congratulations! Like you said, it doesn't get much better. More than enough to eat and your back should survive filleting 20 fish. That said, my back was giving out with a lot less.

Glad to see you made it out again Gord and even happier to see you went home with a bunch. :)

Friend of mine who went out on a charter with me a couple times this year messaged me yesterday and today trying hard to entice me to come out of hibernation with a couple pictures of a couple of REALLY nice walleye he nailed off the pier in Pt Bruce. One yesterday and one today, says there have been 4 caught in the last week or so. Still not enough to get me to go though, especially when the seafood section of the freezer looks like this still from earlier this year.
That’s amazing @Trevor M about the walleye’s being caught that close to the Port Bruce pier,and good to know,👍 It’s almost tempting to fish that area,either off the pier,or out of a boat. 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks