Fishing Report Perchin Sept 10

Extra Virgin

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
It was a bumpy ride to the north shore and hardly any other boats there. Set up anchor in 17' and didn't need to wait long for them to come. Dropshot rig directly on bottom was the ticket with most of the Jumbo's and Bowfin hitting it on the drop. Slip bobber was useless in the 3' swells. Caught a mixed bag of fish in a few hours and kept enough for a meal, then met the family at TP beach for a swim 75deg at the beach

Attachments

• 20220910_121912.jpg
    20220910_121912.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 147
  • 20220910_105221_HDR.jpg
    20220910_105221_HDR.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 139
  • 20220910_102345.jpg
    20220910_102345.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 125
  • 20220910_114550.jpg
    20220910_114550.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 126
  • 20220910_151610.jpg
    20220910_151610.jpg
    334.2 KB · Views: 138
  • 20220910_195037.jpg
    20220910_195037.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 157

I'll head over to my boat once the rain tapers off and take a photo of the one currently on my rod

I'll head over to my boat once the rain tapers off and take a photo of the one currently on my rod
It looks like @Extra Virgin that the “red” bead’s are working great!! 😉 See you on the North Shore one day,and hopefully 🙏, Perch ON!! for us & others as well!! 🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🤞🤞👍🙂

It was a bumpy ride to the north shore and hardly any other boats there. Set up anchor in 17' and didn't need to wait long for them to come. Dropshot rig directly on bottom was the ticket with most of the Jumbo's and Bowfin hitting it on the drop. Slip bobber was useless in the 3' swells. Caught a mixed bag of fish in a few hours and kept enough for a meal, then met the family at TP beach for a swim 75deg at the beach
I don’t see the Bowfin,( 2nd photo), in your livewell @Extra Virgin 🧐🤨 Aren’t they suppose to taste like “lobster??” 🤔 🤤 lol 😝 😉 👊👊👍🙂

Burbot are the freshwater Cod. Haven't tried Bowfin since they smell like feet and ass
Oh!! It’s Burbot that are the freshwater Cod,and not the Bowfin!! I knew that!! 😏 lol 😂 I had gotten my “B’s” mixed up,and my apologies my friend @Extra Virgin 👊👊😉 my head is still out on Rondeau Bay from my fishing/scouting trip 🛶🎣😉 from there yesterday. If the Bowfin would taste like a freshwater cod,myself and likely many other’s would target the Bowfin’s!! 🚤🛶🎣🐟🐟🐟🤤 😉👍🙂

Last edited:
Very nice fishng Six-Grand ( as usual). What is the trick tying this rig with beads? I tried it and either the beads slide and the hooks point down or the line gets broken off at the bead after a few fish.

Very nice fishng Six-Grand ( as usual). What is the trick tying this rig with beads? I tried it and either the beads slide and the hooks point down or the line gets broken off at the bead after a few fish.
Hi, I'm @Extra Virgin 😁 I think @SIX-GRAND doesn't focus on perch until the Fall/Winter 🤷‍♂️

The beads do tend to slide apart after a good hit, I have been looping the line through twice to eliminate that issue when making braid versions of it. But after three hits I'm pulling the rig back up to check my bait and sliding beads back into place if needed.

I fish with that presentation directly on bottom to keep the minnows vertical, if nothing comes after a minute or so I'll raise and lower the sinker to stir up the bottom a bit to attract attention. When you feel a nibble I'll gently raise the rig, if the perch is really interested it will hit it harder and that's when I'll pull and reel in one motion. If the line goes limp I'll lower it back on bottom and wait, there usually is a school and another will commit if the first one doesn't.

Thank you Extra Virgin, very well explained, especially the presentation detail, aporeciate it. I ll try it with braid. I also fish perch only 3-4 times a year, so not much practice here. I fish crappie much more often and crappie likes thin line, doen't look like perch cares.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks