Perch!

ronnie67

Lol got your attention, anyone having any luck yet, Im taking my ten year old out for round two Monday, we were skunked the last time, but still had a great day, he is super exited to go again, and I was just wondering if things had picked up at all with the new moon phase? Thanks for any replies, looks like the weather will be great for this weekend! :)

Nope it hasn't picked up. We were out with Grangers all day 4 guys, 14 perch, a 10" and a 12" were keepers the rest were between 7-5" as a rule we throw back everything under 8". Everyone I spoke to had similar luck numbers wise but some keep much smaller fish than we do so some groups did have more fish in the ice but similar totals. We caught damn near every fish we saw that was the crappy part, not that we had aggressive biting fish but there were so few to be had. almost all the fish were hooked before 10am from 10am-4:30pm we caught 3 fish all dinks. I threw honestly 70 different spoons down the hole today, Silver slabgrabbers with chartreuse bead seemed to be the hottest bait if you can call it that. Minnows produced a couple but most on spoons. I was surprised at the lack of species caught out there, we saw nothing but perch, one group saw one pike and perch. It was painfully slow in the afternoon. We drilled alot of holes and bounced around a little when the wind laid down but those 20 or so holes we drilled caught us maybe 2 fish. Tough tough day on the water.

Nope it hasn't picked up. We were out with Grangers all day 4 guys, 14 perch, a 10" and a 12" were keepers the rest were between 7-5" as a rule we throw back everything under 8". Everyone I spoke to had similar luck numbers wise but some keep much smaller fish than we do so some groups did have more fish in the ice but similar totals. We caught damn near every fish we saw that was the crappy part, not that we had aggressive biting fish but there were so few to be had. almost all the fish were hooked before 10am from 10am-4:30pm we caught 3 fish all dinks. I threw honestly 70 different spoons down the hole today, Silver slabgrabbers with chartreuse bead seemed to be the hottest bait if you can call it that. Minnows produced a couple but most on spoons. I was surprised at the lack of species caught out there, we saw nothing but perch, one group saw one pike and perch. It was painfully slow in the afternoon. We drilled alot of holes and bounced around a little when the wind laid down but those 20 or so holes we drilled caught us maybe 2 fish. Tough tough day on the water.
Well thanks for the report.....We only saw one fish the whole day last time, we will bring food to cook and enjoy the day regardless, any day in the outdoors with my son is priceless....:)

doctorspivey, it still sounds like SLOW Fishing out on the Bay!!:mad:by your report. By other post also, Fishing hasn`t changed much since I was out there the last time on Feb.11/14. So much for the Moon Phase Theory which we are experiencing now for better Fishing Time`s apparently!! Hopefully the Perch will show up one Day, and be Very Hungry!! Here`s Hoping!! :rolleyes::cool:

ya i took my 11 year old daughter out of st williams on feb 15 seen only 3 perch and got skunked not going back this year unless i hear some good reports.

Lol got your attention, anyone having any luck yet, Im taking my ten year old out for round two Monday, we were skunked the last time, but still had a great day, he is super exited to go again, and I was just wondering if things had picked up at all with the new moon phase? Thanks for any replies, looks like the weather will be great for this weekend! :)

go to lake simcoe out of gilford

Back