Perch report Wed Nov 4 2020

menacers

Hit the inner bay with my uncle at noon 2 days ago, spent 4 hours, skunked. (A few really dinky perch throwbacks). Went back out yesterday around 1:00 p.m. got lucky with one keeper over 3 hours. Overall an absolutely unproductive outing.... But....

It all changed at around 4:00 When we landed on a honey hole and it was double header perch (on a dual t-turn swivel setup with minnows) nonstop for an hour straight! All of the fish were large.

If it wasn't a double header, there was always a perch following the second hook as you pull up the one that bit.

Saw a large pike following the hooks and even holding on to some of the perch as we were pulling them out. This happened more than once, even had an instance where a pike was tied up in the line but we still had a perch on the hook :) That didn't put an end to the catching spree and despite the presence of a large pike these fish were still biting.

Absolutely the most unbelievable perch fishing I have ever experienced in my life!

Attachments

• PXL_20201104_223358825.jpg
    PXL_20201104_223358825.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Very good looking afternoon catch. Wish the boat was in the water.
You have to love a hour of DP action.

Hit the inner bay with my uncle at noon 2 days ago, spent 4 hours, skunked. (A few really dinky perch throwbacks). Went back out yesterday around 1:00 p.m. got lucky with one keeper over 3 hours. Overall an absolutely unproductive outing.... But....

It all changed at around 4:00 When we landed on a honey hole and it was double header perch (on a dual t-turn swivel setup with minnows) nonstop for an hour straight! All of the fish were large.

If it wasn't a double header, there was always a perch following the second hook as you pull up the one that bit.

Saw a large pike following the hooks and even holding on to some of the perch as we were pulling them out. This happened more than once, even had an instance where a pike was tied up in the line but we still had a perch on the hook :) That didn't put an end to the catching spree and despite the presence of a large pike these fish were still biting.

Absolutely the most unbelievable perch fishing I have ever experienced in my life!
Nicely done @menacers & Congratulations to the both of you!! 👍👍😎 @Extra Virgin & myself are planning a perch fishing outing soon while this great weather is here!! It looks like that I will be packing a pike rod & some pike lure’s with me as well for our trip & thanks for the great information & also for that amazing looking photo of all of those,PERCH!! 😳 Enjoy your perch fry!! 🐟🐟😋 👍🙂

Thanks for the report.
the sun burn is cramping the duck hunting. So may try some perchin tomoro.
Hate to ask. Feels like I’m asking what river the steelhead are hot in.
But dose anyone have minnows on a Friday am near rowen.

Sounds like a fun day. How were the waves in the inner bay? Great pic.

Sounds like a fun day. How were the waves in the inner bay? Great pic.
Mid afternoon it was a little wavy but smooth come evening.
I find the turkey point windfinder forecast to be quite accurate for inside the inner bay

Last edited:
Thanks for the report.
the sun burn is cramping the duck hunting. So may try some perchin tomoro.
Hate to ask. Feels like I’m asking what river the steelhead are hot in.
But dose anyone have minnows on a Friday am near rowen.
I'm new to the area and eager to catch some trout. Are there any opportunities on big Creek near the mouth of the bay? I'm not sure of any steelhead areas in Long point. :(
I've read brook trout can be caught in Long point Bay but I'm not sure where

Im planning on heading out on the weekend. Was thinking of fishing around EC 10. Does anybody have any other spots where there are perch to be had?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks