Perch derby out of Burwell ?

OK folks let me just say HOLY FRIG I didn't expect this much interest already !!!!!!

I have 2 days in mind and want to see what you folks think so please reply and let me know what works best for you.

June 3rd 2012 or June 10th 2012 ?

I count 54 and I only counted either the low # posted and 1 for people that said we .

Wdodgetruck kids 13 and under will be free and have their own prize to win anyone over 13 will be in for the whole deal so it will be $20+5 opt for big fish could be a pretty good first prize

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove and X-zone Lures for their support

with the people that will be in my boat count 5 for June 3 as we can't attend the weekend of the 10th cause my daughter is getting married that weekend! :D

I can only commit to 1 day so it will be the 3rd. Not sure on my crew yet but I will fill boat so say 6, 2 seats will be open for non boaters or those who cant get a boat there.

Anyone fitting that description can contact me through here.

BD

I am only gonna do 1 day BD just want to see which weekend works best for the most people I prefer the 3rd so it's already leaning in that direction

I haven't spoken to the marina's yet it will be at which ever will have us by the looks of all the interest it will take a lot of their parking and we will need some room for everyone to congregate for the weigh in and prizes I will be making some calls next week to talk to both marina's in Burwell

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove and X-zone Lures for their support

I understand that I am only saying that should it be postponed to a second date I probably wont be able to make it. I will leave the 3rd open. Will we have to launch Burwell and how will you structure prizes?

Perhaps a new thread so we can follow a little easier:)

BD

quote:
Originally posted by Big Dave

I understand that I am only saying that should it be postponed to a second date I probably wont be able to make it. I will leave the 3rd open. Will we have to launch Burwell and how will you structure prizes?

Perhaps a new thread so we can follow a little easier:)

BD

Cool just making sure I will be doing a 80% payout for first,second and third and a seperate big fish pot for those that pay into it .The remaining 20% goes to the fish a thon.

I know some people don't like the 1st,2nd,3rd pay out but this is a low entry fee FUN tourney to raise a bit of money for the Fish a Thon and to give some people that wouldn't normally fish a tourney to see what it's like and meet a bunch of people from the board .

The rules will be like a normal bass tourney I will post the full rules and date later this month or early March and will have a copy for everyone the day of it will be up to the angler what they do with their fish but the fish must be alive for wiegh in (I don't want to see people bringing in that 17"er they have on ice to get mounted so Bring a bucket to keep the big guys alive if you don't have a livewell)I will look at the fish that are coming in and decide weather it's good or not because I know it's hard to keep the deep fish alive. I don't want this to be to serious just a fun day on the water.

boatnonumbers.jpg

Good on you taking this on SRT8. You have a lot of work ahead of you on this. If I can help in any way let me know.

BD

I vote for the 3rd and 10th being the rain date , probabably 3-4 adults , but that could change a little look forward to the day of fishing should be some nice fish caught , as I have seen pickies caught out there while perchin, cheers Dano.

The whole thing sounds great Shawn, but, Sundays are out for me from late April until early July. Damn work!!!

The responce to this is awesome folks I will try to make this a annual event weather permiting please tell your buddies about it and bring someone new to fishing with you to the tourney

boatnonumbers.jpg

Hey SRT8,

I have on question for you.

I have my boat docked in Pt. Bruce am I expected to pull it it and launch in Burwell or can we take the scenic route and just register at one of the marinas in Burwell?

Also since I and some of my friends don't have live wells it maybe a little difficult to keep our fish alive.

Your thoughts?!

quote:
Originally posted by kmaub

Hey SRT8,

I have on question for you.

I have my boat docked in Pt. Bruce am I expected to pull it it and launch in Burwell or can we take the scenic route and just register at one of the marinas in Burwell?

Also since I and some of my friends don't have live wells it maybe a little difficult to keep our fish alive.

Your thoughts?!

No launching out of bruce is fine you would just have to register in burwell ,and for the people with no livewells I will be handing out a page with the rules on it with the date and such on it so I am thinking that I will allow fish that are in a picture with that page in it just to keep it honest But I would try to keep them alive if you can for some reason fish lose a bit if weight when they die .I don't want to make this to serious so I am flexable to accomadate as many as possible

boatnonumbers.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks