Parry sound (Georgian bay) bass

Tyler0420

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Thinking of fishing a kayak bass tournament this weekend. These waters look the most intimidating of the waters I’ve fished so far this year.
Has anyone fished this area for bass before?
Any launches/tips/tricks you’d like to share?

Attachments

• IMG_3376.png
    IMG_3376.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 55
Wife and I spent 4 days this spring in Killbear, no one else was there, we got a campsite close to a beach and launched our Kayaks from there everyday. It was crazy hot that week, ended up leaving a day early as they started the provincial wide fire ban that week.
We Kayaked out to Bateau Island. We trolled while exploring and did not catch anything on the way to the island. There was a few other fishing boats out, working the islands and bays, but were moving around alot, so not sure they were catching. Accidentally hooked up with a really nice lake trout, boat side release, as they are out of season all year in front of the park.
So cant speak to the fishing, but the Kayaking was awesome. Obviously west winds are not going to be favorable, but there is plenty of islands to break up the rollers. I did not have my fish finder on my kayak at the time, but the Navionics app on my phone worked well.
Keep us posted how you do, very interested in going back next May/June..

Wife and I spent 4 days this spring in Killbear, no one else was there, we got a campsite close to a beach and launched our Kayaks from there everyday. It was crazy hot that week, ended up leaving a day early as they started the provincial wide fire ban that week.
We Kayaked out to Bateau Island. We trolled while exploring and did not catch anything on the way to the island. There was a few other fishing boats out, working the islands and bays, but were moving around alot, so not sure they were catching. Accidentally hooked up with a really nice lake trout, boat side release, as they are out of season all year in front of the park.
So cant speak to the fishing, but the Kayaking was awesome. Obviously west winds are not going to be favorable, but there is plenty of islands to break up the rollers. I did not have my fish finder on my kayak at the time, but the Navionics app on my phone worked well.
Keep us posted how you do, very interested in going back next May/June..
Thanks a lot. I was actually thinking of launching around killbear. I see there’s a marina there or maybe grab a campsite and launch from a beach. Might find a different place now. Thanks for the info.

Thinking of fishing a kayak bass tournament this weekend. These waters look the most intimidating of the waters I’ve fished so far this year.
Has anyone fished this area for bass before?
Any launches/tips/tricks you’d like to share?
Good luck @Tyler0420 👊👊 and, Tight Lines & Bass ON!! 🛶🎣🐟 🥇🏆 💰 👍🙂

Launch at the marina at the end of Bay St. In Parry Sound. Start working around Bob' Point all the way to the old town beach. You will find the old cribbing for boat houses and docks, from years ago. I'm talking from 100 years ago. Fish from the marina around the point to in front of the Stockey Centre. The area along the train tracks to the beach can be good also. Just watch the wind, it can get rough in that area. You can in the basin of the rapids under the big train bridge on Bay Street. Another option if your around Killbear, is hit the shoals around the points and islands. Hope this helps, but I haven't fished that area for about 45 years qhen I was a kid. It was good then, no reason it's not now.

I have fished around Killbear shoals, points and islands with excellent results, mostly drop shot and tubes, smallmouths to 5+ lbs. Best was transitions from 20 to 10 FOW, near weedbeds and flats, if you can find them. Good luck.

Launch at the marina at the end of Bay St. In Parry Sound. Start working around Bob' Point all the way to the old town beach. You will find the old cribbing for boat houses and docks, from years ago. I'm talking from 100 years ago. Fish from the marina around the point to in front of the Stockey Centre. The area along the train tracks to the beach can be good also. Just watch the wind, it can get rough in that area. You can in the basin of the rapids under the big train bridge on Bay Street. Another option if your around Killbear, is hit the shoals around the points and islands. Hope this helps, but I haven't fished that area for about 45 years qhen I was a kid. It was good then, no reason it's not now.
Thanks alot.
I’ll check the maps and see where your talking about.

I have fished around Killbear shoals, points and islands with excellent results, mostly drop shot and tubes, smallmouths to 5+ lbs. Best was transitions from 20 to 10 FOW, near weedbeds and flats, if you can find them. Good luck.
Thanks a lot. I’ll check navionics for some drop offs.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks