Fishing Report Owen Sound August 23rd

rockin-steelhead

Decided to give Owen Sound a whirl today seeing that the north shore of Ontario was iced out for most of the week but starting to warm up. Headed out around 6am once the rain let up some. Got set up in 80-90 fow and trolling out of the bay around the red doors. Didn’t take long to get one about 7lbs on a Best Lure plug (like a lyman). We were marking a good number of fish but about 20 minutes later we got chased off the water cause of lighting. We left the boat in the water as the radar was showing it should clear in 40 minutes or so. We headed back out to the same area and got two more and then the wind picked up from the east and south east so we made our way across the bay to fish the east side out by the green can. Got in to around 110 fow and lots of fish and bait on the screen but the rain started to get heavy again. Seeing two of my buddies have been fighting colds and we were all damp…wet and cold we called it a day around 10am.
Owen Sound and I have a love hate relationship as I usually only land 1 fish or a skunk occurs. Needless to say I was very happy we got the 3 today and if it wasn’t for the weather I feel we may have had a really great day.

I can’t believe how cold north shore lake o is. The other day when I was there it was 47 degrees on the surface.

Was out there Sunday am .We went 1 for 2 lost a small one on a white Lyman and landed a 9 lb male on a blue green spoon .Lots of boats out pass the hole never seen any fish landed. When we came in the boat in front of us did the same .Lots of campers on the pier getting ready for the derby starting Friday

Was out there Sunday am .We went 1 for 2 lost a small one on a white Lyman and landed a 9 lb male on a blue green spoon .Lots of boats out pass the hole never seen any fish landed. When we came in the boat in front of us did the same .Lots of campers on the pier getting ready for the derby starting Friday
How deep do the Lyman’s drive on their own?
How do you run them? Riggers,leadcore, would they work with dipseys or big jets?

Maybe I’ll run it on 6colors out of the yak.
A great plan @Tyler0420 👊👊 by using lead core to sink them,because Lyman lure’s do float! I used to find them occasionally floating around in the Goderich Harbour from other angler’s that had a salmon break the line,( I am assuming), and therefore,always keep an eye open for,” floater’s,” and other salmon lure’s that float as well,such as rapala’s,etc., wherever you may be salmon fishing. Back then,( 80th’s & 90th’s), when I was fishing for salmon,lead core was unheard of,and monofilament line was used,including myself,for most salmon angler’s. Here are a couple of September 1999 photo’s from my “archive” of me,with my first 1997 Lund boat that I had back then,and also a couple of salmon that I had caught back then as well,in Goderich Harbour,by using a Lyman lure. Be Safe & Tight lines to you & Salmon ON!! 🛶🎣🐟🐟 😉👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_1525.jpeg
    IMG_1525.jpeg
    223.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1524.jpeg
    IMG_1524.jpeg
    244.6 KB · Views: 27
A great plan @Tyler0420 👊👊 by using lead core to sink them,because Lyman lure’s do float! I used to find them occasionally floating around in the Goderich Harbour from other angler’s that had a salmon break the line,( I am assuming), and therefore,always keep an eye open for,” floater’s,” and other salmon lure’s that float as well,such as rapala’s,etc., wherever you may be salmon fishing. Back then,( 80th’s & 90th’s), when I was fishing for salmon,lead core was unheard of,and monofilament line was used,including myself,for most salmon angler’s. Here are a couple of September 1999 photo’s from my “archive” of me,with my first 1997 Lund boat that I had back then,and also a couple of salmon that I had caught back then as well,in Goderich Harbour,by using a Lyman lure. Be Safe & Tight lines to you & Salmon ON!! 🛶🎣🐟🐟 😉👍🙂
👍

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks