outdoors card

bobbinrobyn

my wife bought her new card by phone on Dec24. It has not arrived in the mail yet and when she called in today she was told the new card would not be mailed till mid Feb. She will only have her visa recieght for proof' has any one else experienced this?

Bought mine along with 3 year small game at service ontario on dec. 17/19 and haven't received the card yet.

Yes I'm in the same boat. My friend bought his over the phone around the start of the new year and already got his , I bought mine online right after the Dec. controlled hunt I did my mandatory report then purchased my 3 year small game and the card. They told me to send it on my smart phone and I'm good to go. Since it gets sent to another email address I just sent from there to my email on my phone. hope that helps . our tax dollars at work geeeez !!

Never got the last one at all. Just kept the printed receipt :rolleyes: The system is horrendous...

Josh

I purchased mine online on Jan 13/20 and received it in the mail Jan 23/20. Not sure what's going on with yours!!

Same as wetnets88.... Went online and purchased mine Jan. 16 and it came in the mail within 10 days. Printed off my copy from online so really wasn't concerned anyways.

I am surprized in this days when everything is so automated we are getting such different results. I ordered mine early in January on-line and got it in about ten days. I wonder if it makes a difference if your card is a fish/hunt one or just fishing? Mine has both.

I applied for my renewal online and as the same as @JohnPK and @wetnets88 it arrived in less than 10 days. The only issue I had was resetting my password, Tried many times resetting until I looked in my junk mail for the link to reset your password. Just a reminder to look in your junk mail for resetting passwords.

Yep less than 10 days to get a new card. The print out of the email will do just fine until the card shows up

I purchased my 3 year hunt/fish card at Stillwells in Fairground first of the month and received it yesterday. My understanding is that if you have proof of purchase along with your expired card you shouldn't get into any trouble. Call me old fashioned but I prefer to carry a hard copy as opposed to a hi tech version.

I purchased my 3 year hunt/fish card at Stillwells in Fairground first of the month and received it yesterday. My understanding is that if you have proof of purchase along with your expired card you shouldn't get into any trouble. Call me old fashioned but I prefer to carry a hard copy as opposed to a hi tech version.

Correct, you are legal carrying just the printed/digital copy of your license summary ONLY if you have recently purchased an outdoors card. However, you must carry a valid outdoors card at all other times (eg. Having only the license summary and not outdoors card in July will get you a ticket).

Some dislike the new system, but I believe that's a small group of people who aren't familiar with computers or simply enjoy whining about change.

I applied online on December 3rd and got mine before Christmas for a 3 year dual purpose. I originally remembered my old card expired in 2019 and went on in late November one lunch to apply for my new one, after a lot of cursing I finally noticed you have to wait until December 1st for some reason and that is why I could not get anywhere for my renewal. My guess is anyone applying after or close to the new year has a lot of other people doing the same thing and with Christmas and government workers having to use up their 21 weeks of holidays there was not likely much to process from December 20th until after the first week of January, then they started at the top of the pile instead of the bottom of the pile and this is why some applying later get theirs earlier. If I want to apply for a card in July that is expiring in December, I have no idea what the reason to not allow renewals until right before Christmas?

H&H Tackle in Brantford posted on their FB page the other day an update they received from the MNR regarding Outdoor card renewals.

It said that All new, renewed and replacement cards ordered before January 9, should be delivered by mid February. Any cards purchased after January 9 should be delivered within 20 days of purchase.

I applied before Christmas so I'll be waiting until February. I'm still good though with the license summary printed from the website.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks