Open launches on Erie

Hoovers nanticoke always open has a paybox
Stopped by collins saturday they were working on remodelling the bait shack they.ll likely be good to go

With the weekend looking great coming up wondering what Launches are open right now?
I like your way of thinking @BassorBust 👍 looking for a boat launch that’s open! 😍 👊 These are old photos and a video of the Port Stanley boat ramp,( what a mess!! 👎 ), last year on December 23,2023,
View attachment IMG_2445.mov
while I was visiting a friend in the area before Christmas. Maybe they have cleaned the Port Stanley boat ramp up by now?
View attachment IMG_2442.mov

The Lake Erie water level looks much lower as well,as you can see at the boat ramp along the steel and concrete wall. Once I get my 90 4 stroke Mercury outboard tiller motor fixed & hopefully sometime soon, I therefore hope to be launching my boat somewhere as well,and good luck to you @BassorBust and others,who perhaps are looking for a open boat ramp somewhere. Tight lines to all,and Be Safe! 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_2441.jpeg
    IMG_2441.jpeg
    524.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2440.jpeg
    IMG_2440.jpeg
    498.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2453.jpeg
    IMG_2453.jpeg
    482.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2438.jpeg
    IMG_2438.jpeg
    348.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2455.jpeg
    IMG_2455.jpeg
    423.1 KB · Views: 37
With the weekend looking great coming up wondering what Launches are open right now?
Great question
I was wondering the same thing.

I plan on picking up my new to me boat from storage this Saturday
And soon want to get it on the water and brake the new motor in.

I was debating taking it to the inner bay and maybe drift or spotlock for perch or if should go to lake O and troll for browns and Lakers

First trip is more of a brake motor and test everything works

I keep telling people- We are all going to pay a price for the lack-of snow this winter. Either at the GROCERY STORE or for us fisherman- LOW LAKE WATERS everywhere! We need rain and ALOT of it or were in for a nasty treat. I'm a huge fan of high water- not as high as it was in 2017 if you can remember- that was a little TOO much. Lets hope for some good lasting rains and we'll be fine.

Great question
I was wondering the same thing.

I plan on picking up my new to me boat from storage this Saturday
And soon want to get it on the water and brake the new motor in.

I was debating taking it to the inner bay and maybe drift or spotlock for perch or if should go to lake O and troll for browns and Lakers

First trip is more of a brake motor and test everything
I took my brand new one out on Monday out of Port Rowan and did my two hour break in period and dropped a few lines after and took home a few Jumbo's. Water was cloudy but the fish were bitting. Turned out to be a much better day out than the forecast showed

I took my brand new one out on Monday out of Port Rowan and did my two hour break in period and dropped a few lines after and took home a few Jumbo's. Water was cloudy but the fish were bitting. Turned out to be a much better day out than the forecast showed
Good to know @Princecraft_68 about jumbo’s being there,and also congratulations on your new boat. 👍 I will continue to fish for walleye’s on the Thames River for now,( like I did yesterday for a few hour’s ), till my part for my Mercury outboard arrives,approximately in 3 week’s,I was told yesterday. I will then pursue the open waters of the inner bay of long point,etc. 🚤🎣Thanks for your report & enjoy your perch fry! 🐟🐟😋 👍🙂

Not trying to pee on the parade but I just thought it may be worth reminding folks that almost all pleasure craft polices in Ontario require the boat to be 'layed up' during the winter months (most are Dec 1 - April 1 but a few are Dec 15 - Mar 1st). It will state this in the actual policy document, likely under "Layup" or "Warranty" sections. There are very few companies that do not have this requirement and many don't even offer an option to reduce the layup unless you go to commercial insurance. If you are concerned, check the fine print or contact your broker for clarification.

Not trying to pee on the parade but I just thought it may be worth reminding folks that almost all pleasure craft polices in Ontario require the boat to be 'layed up' during the winter months (most are Dec 1 - April 1 but a few are Dec 15 - Mar 1st). It will state this in the actual policy document, likely under "Layup" or "Warranty" sections. There are very few companies that do not have this requirement and many don't even offer an option to reduce the layup unless you go to commercial insurance. If you are concerned, check the fine print or contact your broker for clarification.
I was told when I got my insurance policy it is for year round use ... from date of starting policy

I was told when I got my insurance policy it is for year round use ... from date of starting policy
Maybe so but it may be worth double checking what the fine print says. I haven't found a year around policy anywhere nor has my broker who did quite a bit of research for me. If it's a small craft on your house insurance, it may be different but marine specific policies virtually all have layup clauses which many people don't realize.

Last edited:
Maybe so but it may be worth double checking what the fine print says. I haven't found a year around policy anywhere nor has my broker who did quite a bit of research for me. If it's a small craft on your house insurance, it may be different but marine specific policies virtually all have layup clauses which many people don't realize.
Thanks for the heads up ...I'll double check

So I went thru my policy
Found no mention of layup at all

Went on the companies website ....looked at the FAQs

One was : what is the layup policy
And answer was there is not any layup on there polices.....however there are clauses for boats being moored year round and freeze up.Screenshot_20240228-150100_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20240228-150100_Samsung Internet.jpg

So I went thru my policy
Found no mention of layup at all

Went on the companies website ....looked at the FAQs

One was : what is the layup policy
And answer was there is not any layup on there polices.....however there are clauses for boats being moored year round and freeze up.View attachment 84786View attachment 84786
Very interesting, I guess you're good to go. I've never heard of PMU but you learn something new every day.

Very interesting, I guess you're good to go. I've never heard of PMU but you learn something new every day.
I specifically asked me to find a year round policy

Probably reason I didn't go with same company as home and auto

I might be paying more it's double my last boat but just figured it was because this boat is worth 2x my last one and 4x the hp

I believe that you aren't covered if you leave your boat moored. Aout that you are correct about . But if you are talking about warrantee I've never owned a boat with one so I'm ignorant about that.

I believe that you aren't covered if you leave your boat moored. Aout that you are correct about . But if you are talking about warrantee I've never owned a boat with one so I'm ignorant about that.
What I was referring to is the section of your insurance policy called "Warranties" not a boat mfr warranty. Most policies state the layup period and conditions in this section (if there is one). He are two examples, one from Portside and the other from Nautimax. Both are pretty clear that the boat needs to out of service during lay up.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, just trying to point this out in case people don't realize... It may be worth taking a close look at your policy.
1000002989.jpg

Attachments

• 1000002988.jpg
    1000002988.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 12
Well Well Well. Another person with Portside! Good people. Been with them for 7 yrs. now. Pricing is excellent along with the Portside Plus endoresement. Can't beat that. My lay-up period is Dec.- April. Works for me. Great post G.Mech.

Well Well Well. Another person with Portside! Good people. Been with them for 7 yrs. now. Pricing is excellent along with the Portside Plus endoresement. Can't beat that. My lay-up period is Dec.- April. Works for me. Great post G.Mech.
Also with portside layup Dec 15- March 1st but with good weather a quick phone call you can add a early start up to your year with a small price to pay. Was $30 to start up two weeks early this year. With the early start up tho is doesn't cover Ice damage so you still need to be smart about where and when you use it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks