Ontario Boat License?

fuse

Sorry if not the right thread, but where or what is the best or which is a good way to get a boat license?

I thought it was a government program but it looks like it is offered through various places?
Do I just click on one of the random links I find or are some sites "better" than others?

Operator card port Dover sail squadron or something like that,
License for boat transport Canada web site it’s free but don’t click on the first link on there page it’s a third party and they charge you close to 200 bucks

Yes woodman
a couple years back friends rented jet skis
had a temp card for the rental
received a card in the mail .

That's actually the link I clicked. Three f&%$^&%$ hours to go through it, then linked to a Gov't site and 15 minutes later with a 92% I'm licensed for life. Should have done this 20+ years ago....

If the boat you buy have numbers on it you just h
Is this for the actual registration of the vessel?
if your boat u buy has numbers give em that number and a side view pic of boat numbers and boat to change owner ship name
transportcanada.ca

Is this for the actual registration of the vessel?
Yes Boat registration. It's a pain, put it has to be done. Some have tried not to and just register and just pay the tax on the trailer and not pay the tax on the boat, don't go there, because they'll catch you for fraud.
I know it's Bull crap, if the boat has been bought and sold 4or5 times, the tax that has been paid :banghead: :mad:
They've been pushing this now because of boat thefts etc.
If they OPP check and the boat is not registered in your name guess what???
It's good for the guy that's had his boat stolen.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks