On the bay

disappointing if they are only in 3ft of water.
don’t even want to go to my appointment tomorrow if that’s the case.
no ice out in 6-8ft of water? Or what would the reason be for this?

Not sure, he did point at someone going out deeper on their quad, saying that he is taking a big risk.
I've used Jimmy before and we have always been out in 6-8 feet.

I know that there were 2 guys in the hut in front of us screaming mad. They were angry about the shallow water and left around 1030ish.
The water was murky and I'm sure fish come into the shallows to feed. They just didn't come in on Wed.

@Bay_Fishing makes sense and I agree with you.
I on the other hand am not going to keep kids busy..
I don’t wanna complain too much until
I go but maybe this should be communicated to people when booking the huts.
Folks paying good money for a fishing charter expect to get somewhere near where the game is being played..
I’ve been out in 6-8ft few years ago and didn’t catch much either. Obviously it’s fishing... buuuut $200 to get placed over 3ft of water just going to piss me off.

His huts are over kind of in front of the provincial park launch , February 5th most of the ice on that side of the bay washed out , his huts are still on old safe ice , but it can be good fishing in that area especially as it gets later in the season, I’d be sure to have a pole setup for pike if headed over there

Tough call for the hut operator. Sounds like he is playing safe so no one goes through the ice
Exactly @DST 👍 His insurance must be “sky high” to cover his customers that he takes out and back to his ice hut’s!! As the saying goes,”Safety Always First!!” 👍🙂

I was ice fishing off Long Point Provincial Park last sunday,and I caught a few around this size for a 01720CD7-7FF8-4936-857B-D8AC65D83797.jpeg perch dinner that night. Tight lines and perch ON!! to All!!,for the perch are there to be caught!! DE059E0A-E032-402C-9D6E-37E7DF6BB37D.jpeg 🎣🐟😉👍😎

Attachments

• EFAFE8AA-B8BF-4003-9298-DD6785EEE0A5.jpeg
    EFAFE8AA-B8BF-4003-9298-DD6785EEE0A5.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks