Oh so sketchy?

Friday, tomorrow... safe for a 16 foot out of Burwell in the late aft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks boys/girls...

Note to self : east winds bad. I learn so much here

wonder if my boss will give me that vacation day back....
I think @Three Bouys can offer some insight here on how to deal with your employer when it comes to arranging for time off fishing. At 5:00 a.m. on the road to the "D", I think it started something like this "Hi, this is Jim S...., I'm not sick today, but I won't be coming into work..." 😁

and stay home this time, go thru all of your tackle for check-up, since you will find a reason to go shopping!:love:

I think @Three Bouys can offer some insight here on how to deal with your employer when it comes to arranging for time off fishing. At 5:00 a.m. on the road to the "D", I think it started something like this "Hi, this is Jim S...., I'm not sick today, but I won't be coming into work..." 😁
I get a flat rate for gas and car and submit it every month in this covid shit..(in my contract)

boss said “what am I paying your gas for as you can’t visit customers yet”

I said “it’s a long drive to Lake Erie when the weather is good,,, weather has usually been great on the weekdays”

In reading everyone's thoughts on tomorrow being a rough ride, does that also mean the weekend will be a tough go, not use to all this wind info as 1st year in Burwell, had planned on early Saturday, but now not so sure

Windfinder said glascow was going to be .1 to .2m this morning.. I went early it was pretty calm on the ride out to 59’.. within an hour there was pretty steady 3-4 footers... I know better,, but the fishing was just soooo good yesterday....

Just planning a bass pro shop trip, top up on some sporting goods

Maybe this might help. I haven't been to the pier in over a month. I was thinking about going today. That's not happening. Had an appointment this morning, have to pick my wife up at work in a couple hours, and there's no sense going. This wind will easily have the lake coming up and over the pier. Supposed to blow like this tomorrow too. Sunday might be doable but why bother when the lake is going to look like a glass of chocolate milk.....Monday maybe, but IF I'm going to get to the pier next week it's going to be at least Tuesday, maybe even Wednesday before it'll even be worth using the gas to get there.

Just drive down and find out for yourself. I cannot recall how many times I have went down expecting unfishable conditions only to be met with decent water, an empty launch, and hungry fish waiting to be caught.

When I had a little 14’ tinner I fished rougher water quite a few times. It’s all about your experience and what you’re comfortable with.

Best case, you get out and catch fish. Worst case, you burn some gas and go for a nice drive. Maybe hangout at the beach and grab some local eats. Win win either way?

Went down to fuel my boat in hopes tomorrow PM will work out, if was very choppy, watched a few try to go out, even 2 on sea doo's went to end of pier and turned back, she was little rough today, here's hoping it lies down enough for a PM fish tomorrow

I changed my vote @FlyingViking ... looks good:eek:.

NDBC
Station 45132

Port Stanley
42.460N 81.220W

3:00 pm EDT
1900 GMT 08/14/2020
Wind: E (80°), 15.5 kt
Gust: 19.4 kt
Seas: 2.6 ft
Peak Period: 4 sec
Pres: 30.03 inHg falling
Air Temp: 78.1 °F
Water Temp: 76.5 °F

More observations for 45132

These conditions might literally put the Flying into @FlyingViking .

So 5ft waves out in 70+ fow? Can anyone give some insight on what wave height might be much closer to shore in say 50ft?

24km winds aren’t really that bad if you have someone driving the boat or autopilot. I guess spending plenty of time on the Atlantic makes Erie appear like a calm pond most days...

Looks like there’s a few successful reports from guys who chose not to listen to this poll and the “it’s too windy to fish” crowd.

Sometimes you just have to disregard what the weatherman says and go find out for yourself....

Looks like there’s a few successful reports from guys who chose not to listen to this poll and the “it’s too windy to fish” crowd.

Sometimes you just have to disregard what the weatherman says and go find out for yourself....
Yah there was a small window late in the evening that was fishable.
This is going by the weather buoy data
Not the weather man
And for the central basin not east of longpoint

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks