offshore lake condition report requested

mick

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Has anyone been out today fishin out in the 65 +fow off Burwell to Glasgow? If you have had any success on catchin fish that also would be appreciated!!! If you would rather send me a pm on the fishin I would appreciate that too!!!

Thankfully a cold front moved in last night with a fresher air mass from the north...hopefully it will start to cool down that extremely warm surface water..making it more enjoyable out fishin...also bringing favourable fishing conditions in the coming days...there has to be a couple of good of days this month where the fishing will be exceptional...so be ready to get out there!!

If you are fed up with the fishin out here!!! Some fishermen have been doing extremely well out of Wheatly where they were launchin up to 100 boats a day! You can read some of the past and recent fishing reports @ wheatlyharbourauthority.com ...I have fished out of Wheatly just a handful of times in August and have always done well with some 20+ fish days. It can be a great area for a mixture of walleye and rainbows!

Hello Mick, Not sure about offshore but sitting here on the beach in Longpoint the offshore wind has calm water around shore. The mud line is still out at least a half mile from yesterdays south west wind and beach water is like bath water. (Very warm) Looking to get out tomorrow, might be able to give more offshore info.

Thanks Leaky for the update...good luck out there tomorrow...let us know how ya make out!!!

Great report Josh...I know where your talkin about...lol...I have been out 3 X off glasgow to the 65 to 70 feet and have done well...

Hopefully there is some elbow room for gill nets...I wish they would hurry up and reach there quota soon!!!

Last edited:
Fished out of glasgow thursday morning. caught 3 pickrel all in 67 fow. all on dipsey divers. 2 on 0 setting 100 feet back and 1 on #3 setting 125feet back. watermellon spoon and jerry lee spoon.

fished at almost sun up, there was a good chop throughout the day.

Fishing in the morning was the best, only one gold in the afternoon.

dipsey's and some lead.

Has anyone been out today fishin out in the 65 +fow off Burwell to Glasgow? If you have had any success on catchin fish that also would be appreciated!!! If you would rather send me a pm on the fishin I would appreciate that too!!!

Thankfully a cold front moved in last night with a fresher air mass from the north...hopefully it will start to cool down that extremely warm surface water..making it more enjoyable out fishin...also bringing favourable fishing conditions in the coming days...there has to be a couple of good of days this month where the fishing will be exceptional...so be ready to get out there!!

If you are fed up with the fishin out here!!! Some fishermen have been doing extremely well out of Wheatly where they were launchin up to 100 boats a day! You can read some of the past and recent fishing reports @ wheatlyharbourauthority.com ...I have fished out of Wheatly just a handful of times in August and have always done well with some 20+ fish days. It can be a great area for a mixture of walleye and rainbows!
Mick, I thought you were in the top 10% . Shouldn't we be asking you where the fish are ? lol !!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks