Off Topic Not sure the Leafs will get there, but...

stomp

Administrator
Staff member
Mrs. Stomp and I made a trip down to Columbus Ohio on the Easter Weekend. What a beautiful downtown! It puts Londontown to shame. We'll be going back and will take in a Blue Jackets game!

Mrs. Stomp and I made a trip down to Columbus Ohio on the Easter Weekend. What a beautiful downtown! It puts Londontown to shame. We'll be going back and will take in a Blue Jackets game!
View attachment 13709View attachment 13710View attachment 13711View attachment 13712View attachment 13713
View attachment 13709View attachment 13710View attachment 13711View attachment 13712View attachment 13713
@stomp the Leafs won’t get there to Columbus after tonight’s game against Boston,and save your money instead for Indian food and pike lure’s!! ???? This advice to you is coming from
a disgruntled HABS FAN!! lol ?:p??

Attachments

• 06B43D70-6BFF-4658-9E47-064D66FA8C68.jpeg
    06B43D70-6BFF-4658-9E47-064D66FA8C68.jpeg
    922.1 KB · Views: 13
You might be right @Red Hering, but if the Leafs do happen to make it, there will be one helluva good road trip ahead for Leafs fans. Columbus had people on the job sweeping up cigarette butts on Easter Sunday. I just couldn't believe how nice was that Nationwide Arena District. The awesome building architecture and cleanliness were totally unexpected.

You might be right @Red Hering, but if the Leafs do happen to make it, there will be one helluva good road trip ahead for Leafs fans. Columbus had people on the job sweeping up cigarette butts on Easter Sunday. I just couldn't believe how nice was that Nationwide Arena District. The awesome building architecture and cleanliness were totally unexpected.
@stomp we could definitely use people for sweeping up our cigarette butt’s,etc.,downtown at the Budweiser Gardens and the downtown area as well,not just for special events such as the World Figure Skating Championship that my wife and I watched for a whole week,when downtown London looked the cleanest ever!! Too much figure skating for me to watch,(Ahhh!!),but it was a Christmas present for her!! lol :ROFLMAO: If by chance you have a extra Columbus Blue Jacket hockey ticket,don’t forget me,and the next Indian restaurant meal is on me,and for @Three Bouys & @Mickey Finn as well,(it’s my turn to pay). ?? and hopefully you might get a chance to see Columbus,Ohio again for a Leaf and Blue Jacket game after a Toronto win tonight!! ??o_O??:)

Attachments

• 8032901F-0D34-4820-B0FC-B57545691B26.jpeg
    8032901F-0D34-4820-B0FC-B57545691B26.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
I have family who live in Columbus. My uncle was an usher at Blue Jackets games a few years ago. I'm sure IF the Leafs win tonight I'll hear from him or one of my cousins.

While I'm hoping the Leafs pull it off and do something they haven't done for apparently 60 years, (Beat the Bruins in a playoff series) I'm also not going to be surprised if they lose tonight, and IF they do indeed lose, then tomorrow will be the official first day of my fishing season this year, although I'm not sure yet when I'll make the trip down to the lake.

I wanted to go yesterday, but as I posted in another thread, when my wife asked me what I was going to do yesterday and I told her I was thinkin bout goin fishin, she told me she was thinkin I was doing laundry and cleaning the yard.....I dunno why she asks me what I'm gonna do when she already knows the answer..... ..you can guess who won lol.......yard looks good now at least.

Might go Thursday or Friday,(maybe) and I won't expect to catch anything, it's pretty early still, would just be going to wet a line and make sure everything is working the way it's supposed to. Whenever it is I go tho, you can expect to see me posting about my luck sooner rather than later now, even if the Leafs surprise and advance to the second round, (It was the 5th of May last year before I got out)

well....the Leafs lost :cry:so.....IT'S FISHIN SEASON NOW.:)

52 years and counting. I haven't been alive that long. All I want is for them to win that elusive 12th Stanley Cup before I die, and I'm not intending to die anytime soon, so there's always a chance it could happen.:unsure:

As a die hard fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs, I know the Leafs have sucked far more than they haven't. BUT....THAT acknowledgement is what makes the Leafs fans the greatest and best fan base in the entire NHL. Why is this? Simple we know they suck, but they give that one thing that no other team in the league seems to give. IF nothing else, the one thing the Leafs are is this---- the Leafs are consistent.

They disappoint their fan base consistently every year. They’re generally entertaining to watch, but
we expect those disappointing games, you know the ones where they forget to show up and don't compete, or do just enough....to lose.

We know it’s going to happen, but we still watch, we still cheer for them, and we admit to being fans of the Toronto Maple Leafs. The ACC/Scotia Bank Arena sells out for every game, whether the people show up or not (try to get a ticket.) We have hope that someday they’ll learn how to build a team that can win consistently and if they make the playoffs, do some damage and advance past the first round, something they have done before, but haven't done since 2004.

We don't expect them to win every game, nor do we expect them to win the Stanley Cup every year. All we ask is they show up and compete, and for the most part, they have and they do.

Let's go Jackets!
For sure @stomp ?:) I got my jacket ready,& let’s go Jackets!! Oops!! (lol), :ROFLMAO: wrong jacket!! :rolleyes:;)Maybe next year for the Canadiens & here’s hoping!! ????:)

Attachments

• 212A0A31-5D74-4800-8168-543693A46D68.jpeg
    212A0A31-5D74-4800-8168-543693A46D68.jpeg
    723.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 9F497CA0-BD2A-41D7-B619-A019B8166FED.jpeg
    9F497CA0-BD2A-41D7-B619-A019B8166FED.jpeg
    564.6 KB · Views: 14
For sure @stomp ?:) I got my jacket ready,& let’s go Jackets!! Oops!! (lol), :ROFLMAO: wrong jacket!! :rolleyes:;)Maybe next year for the Canadiens & here’s hoping!! ????:)

Hey Red, I'm not a Habs fan, but they SHOULD have been in this year and Colorado not. It's wrong that a team finishes with 6 pts more than the last team to make the playoffs, yet they sit and watch, while that team with less points, (and there were 3 of them who had less than the Habs) go into the playoffs. This year especially is why I hate the way they decide who is and who is not in the playoffs. TOP 16 period. Use the same tie breaking process sure, but top 16, tops seeds play bottom seeds, IF they'd done that.....Islanders would have played the Leafs.....Boston would have played Montreal.......Who wouldn't have wanted to see those matchups this year given the story line and history.

Yeah a blue jacket but your right it's the wrong jacket... the H inside the big C logo stands for "HAS BEEN." ?
And "Maybe next year for the Canadiens & here’s hoping!!" Now your starting to sound just like a Leaf fan. :sorry::D

Leafs wont win with that goalie in crunch time ever and the coach is way overrated and over paid. Throw in a bunch a soft forwards and no captain and you have the maple leafs. Now its fishing time ...trout on Saturday

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks