Northern Bows

beernut

Got out on the soft water off of Manitoulan Island today. Beautiful day on the water! By buddy caught this 8lb male about 3pm.

CentralManitoulin-20120311-00082.jpg

I missed a smaller bow then landed this 28" hen about 4pm.
(my buddy is new to using a Blackberry as a cam so the picture isnt the greatest lol!

Tehkummah-20120311-00083.jpg

Hoping to get back out next weekend for somemore action!

Nice fish bud,thought the ice would still be lingering we know what happened lake simcoe much safer in the boat.

Nice looking Bows,beernut--Congrats.Once this March Break is over,(too crowded for my liking),I wouldn`t mind trying the rivermouth`s trolling.I have heard there have been good catches of Bows & Coho`s,here in the many tributaries on Lake Huron & Lake Ontario,from shore mostly.Keep on Posting.;)

RED FISH

I was planning on heading to Manitoulin to try for some late season perch and was going to try some river mouth fishing from shore, did not think the launches would be clear yet, where did you launch your boat from?

Pushed it off the shoreline...was a little 10 footer...supposed to be awesome all weekend....bows will be heading for rivers soon!

Thanks, I went for a drive around the island on Friday, the road into he Micheal's Bay launch was still snow covered, the one at Providence Bay was still blocked off by the marina owners. tried the mouth of the Kag, no luck but they should be stacking up out there, going to try again later this week.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks