Normandale

Red Fisher

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Sunday early had my 50 perch by 1230 PM nice size. Weather not looking good until Thursday now, calling the weather lady now to give her "what for" . Fishing in 17 ft, largest was 11 1/2. Was a little bumpy out there at times. Go get them.

Sunday early had my 50 perch by 1230 PM nice size. Weather not looking good until Thursday now, calling the weather lady now to give her "what for" . Fishing in 17 ft, largest was 11 1/2. Was a little bumpy out there at times. Go get them.

Thanks for the report, Red Fisher! It's hit & miss there, as we were at Normandale on the Wednesday before this, 6+ boats but nobody was catching much. We left and went to Turkey Point and got 40 perch in 17 fow. All nice size 10" + up, biggest was 14".

@Wave Runner : Yup as long as you are my guest for the show. You can be in room 112 just beside my room. The cameras will be rolling. I've watched many at Scuttlebutt. What about you ?

@LuvPerch : Yes I've heard that also but have been very lucky at Normandale so keep going back. If things change will try your trick. THX

We found dropping the line straight down beside the boat wasn't getting much hits but casting the line out and reeling it back through the weeds seems to be a challenge for the perch, a hit every time, not necessarily a catch every time but most enjoyable!

I am looking forward to some perch and pike fishing sometime soon,and I usually drive in to the south side of Long Point Bay,and I am assuming that an angler can purchase minnows on the south side of Long Point Bay such as Jimmy Riggin or at the Old Cut Boat Livery.Has anyone purchased minnows there lately from these businesses? I will give them a call later to see if they are still open,and have minnows for sale. Thanks in advance to anyone that answered my question,and tight lines!! ?????

I thought scuttlebutt lodge was off the air years ago, but apparently back by popular demand lol!
I would also like to ask for tips on where to buy minnows, (emerald shiners) coming from the Brantford area I would like to take a couple of my young nephew's fishing this Friday weather permitting.

I am looking forward to some perch and pike fishing sometime soon,and I usually drive in to the south side of Long Point Bay,and I am assuming that an angler can purchase minnows on the south side of Long Point Bay such as Jimmy Riggin or at the Old Cut Boat Livery.Has anyone purchased minnows there lately from these businesses? I will give them a call later to see if they are still open,and have minnows for sale. Thanks in advance to anyone that answered my question,and tight lines!! ?????
Old Cut Boat Livery just messaged me and told me that when they are not open,they have the self serve on the honour system there for purchasing minnows.Tight Lines & Perch ON to All!! ??????

It looks like Thursday is the best or only day for fishing of any kind, so make use of it people . . . expecting rain all week of Norfolk County Fair :cautious: not very nice!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks