No Thames River Walleye’s yet, BUT, how about “Carp’s on Ice!!” 😳😉👍🙂

Red Hering

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I went out fishing yesterday,(February 28/22),for just a couple of hour’s to scout out a area of the thames river for walleye’s.The walleye’s weren’t around,but the carp’s were sure plentiful among the ice pack’s 1C2B4138-9D36-4B81-91FB-258F332E1EC2.jpeg D8CB3F0C-662F-4865-9B87-4595E40E3C11.jpeg & they were even striking my jig head & twister tail!! 😳9D47C387-C873-46E6-A08F-C61317C534C9.jpeg 37C98F8B-77CE-4DB6-AABF-A6A9FEC2D33C.jpeg The carp’s kept me busy,but a walleye would of have been nice!! I had a visitor,a Blue Heron,336F8B1C-9BAF-4F16-BACC-5D4CA0335354.jpeg CF6C5D08-A6CC-4FBB-B6F2-DD335E2FEE0E.jpeg watching me fish for the couple of hour’s while I was there,and waiting for “hand outs.” 🐟😋 lol 😂 Unfortunately,the carp’s were just a little too big for the blue heron. It was nice casting from shore again for walleye’s,instead of dropping a fishing line down a ice fishing hole,but I do miss the ice fishing already,and it looks like that the ice fishing season could be over now,and just saying,because no one has been posting any ice fishing report’s recently from long point bay. I will now be walleye fishing steady for awhile anywhere on the thames river,before the walleye season is over,on the east side of the Kiel Bridge in Chatham on March,15,2022. I am hoping to be posting some walleye photo’s & also a fishing report of my day’s out walleye fishing on the thames river. Tight lines to all & get—Outdoors!! 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟😉👍🙂

Attachments

• 07D991D6-2999-4218-A592-C344632DC69C.jpeg
    07D991D6-2999-4218-A592-C344632DC69C.jpeg
    397.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Thanks for the report Red. Water clarity looks good and not as much ice as I thought would be. Good luck out there . Maybe ill see you on the river this year. Walleye On!!!!!!:)

Thanks for the report Red. Water clarity looks good and not as much ice as I thought would be. Good luck out there . Maybe ill see you on the river this year. Walleye On!!!!!!:)
Your welcome @Double D 👍👍 and it’s good to hear from you again,especially around this time of year. Yes,the water looks good right now,and I am putting together a thames river walleye trip together right now for today,while I am sipping on my morning coffee ☕. I know where you walleye fish 🎣🐟😉,and maybe we will see each other one day,and good luck to you as well & Yes!! Walleye’s ON!!!! 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟 (4 walleye limit),for us & others. 😉👍🙂

Attachments

• 3FF0B158-064D-408B-97CA-D616A35B5F86.jpeg
    3FF0B158-064D-408B-97CA-D616A35B5F86.jpeg
    319.4 KB · Views: 32
Was out last night downstream from London. None caught by myself but saw a few landed as well as a very large female that the young guy released.

I went out fishing yesterday,(February 28/22),for just a couple of hour’s to scout out a area of the thames river for walleye’s.The walleye’s weren’t around,but the carp’s were sure plentiful among the ice pack’s View attachment 55007 View attachment 55008 & they were even striking my jig head & twister tail!! 😳View attachment 55013 View attachment 55014 The carp’s kept me busy,but a walleye would of have been nice!! I had a visitor,a Blue Heron,View attachment 55015 View attachment 55016 watching me fish for the couple of hour’s while I was there,and waiting for “hand outs.” 🐟😋 lol 😂 Unfortunately,the carp’s were just a little too big for the blue heron. It was nice casting from shore again for walleye’s,instead of dropping a fishing line down a ice fishing hole,but I do miss the ice fishing already,and it looks like that the ice fishing season could be over now,and just saying,because no one has been posting any ice fishing report’s recently from long point bay. I will now be walleye fishing steady for awhile anywhere on the thames river,before the walleye season is over,on the east side of the Kiel Bridge in Chatham on March,15,2022. I am hoping to be posting some walleye photo’s & also a fishing report of my day’s out walleye fishing on the thames river. Tight lines to all & get—Outdoors!! 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟😉👍🙂
Nice carp red. I’d take the carp fight over a stickeral any day.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks