No more dragging fish around.

Robert I have tried both the blacks and the chamberlain and to be honest they r about the same. I can still load my rod enough for walleye and still have perch release with the blacks every bit as good. I guess it's just personal preference

Yeah me too John I have no problem with the Blacks at all.

Yes they will @Red Gator. I use them for salmon and have to readjust them when using a spoon then readjust them when I use flashers and fly combos. I love these releases but haven't used them yet on walleye. I got water wolf cam footage of my blacks NOT releasing when a salmon hits it.

I have thought about trying a rubber but, I think it would just defeat the purpose of how it works compared to how bands work off a line.

I find that twisting my braid 3 times , once I start cranking up the downpressure , the line slips after a few minutes making me think it released, so now I make sure I twirl in on my
finger 5 to 7 times then slip it off my finger onto the pin.

And I love them compared to a scotty pinch clip.

I will also say, that if I had to order again, I would be trying this Quebec place as its just a few more dollars and if you take a hit from Canada post its 15 at least.

Last edited:
Thanks Toad for the Black's tip. My downrigger rods are s little soft {Walker Tourney Twists} so I seem to be able to load them up pretty heavy. For $16.99 you can't go wrong.

Back