NO DOCK THIS YEAR!!!

While I can understand your frustration with the cost of marinas, but you have to admit that they have to earn a living too. I'm simply a user of the marina..no affiliation with any one marina in particular, but I can tell you, the ones I go to are there from sun up to sun down.....most will give you a hand when you need help launching.....many go out of their way and help you when you run into aggravating problems that WE'VE forgotten as boat owners. Gas may be a bit more at the marina, but think of the cost of trucking the fuel....the environmental regs for keeping that stuff close to water...all the paperwork they have to do....all the taxes they have to pay. Boating is not a free sport.
It's expensive. Now one thing people might want to consider is creating a co-op to start up your own dock. As a group, you can do all the leg work, environmental assessments, legal aggravation, licenses, and deal with bad weather that brings your income to a halt, along with the liabilities of maintaining such a RECREATIONAL business. It's not a need, it's a want. And if it's simply too much, pull up to a pier...walk a stream....rent a charter. There are many ways to enjoy this great sport.
I'm not trying to be a wet blanket here, but we all make choices to spend our money.......in my experience, if it's important enough, you'll sacrifice in one area to put something away for what you really want.
Spose I could tell US Steel that wants to take away some of my pension that I worked 40 years for and the Government to increase my Old Age Security and my Canada pension, what you Quote.
I just want to get on the water to fish, launch as all.
Some still try and fish that are on a fixed income.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks